Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Colubrid Forums > General Colubrid Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-12, 05:02 PM   #31
rmfsnakes32

Re: new corn just tagged me lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skumbo View Post
the best part about corn snake bites, other than them basically never happening, is that even when they do get ya, it doesn't feel like much. I held a pueblan at the new England reptile expo this weekend. (super fun! got a bunch of supplies but no snakes. I was tempted by a fire skink though )
Not a full sized one, probably 6-8 months old if that, and he just held onto my hand and wrapped around my wrist. I stood there and talked to the breeder for 15-20 minutes until the little guy decided to let go. He didn't even make me bleed since my hands are basically all callous on the inside from power lifting without gloves (he somehow tagged the pad of my hand and got some meat to hold on to. He was cute, I didnt snag a picture though, completely spaced on that one.
Our milksnake likes to do this to and he is only a hatchling its kinda cute he thinks hes a bad a**! Lol
Old 09-25-12, 05:11 PM   #32
Kingsnakechris

Yeah, in my experience, milks tend to be way more bitey. I've been bit by my kings and now a corn but my kings tamed down and my corn seems to have been in a bad mood today but milks like to live up to their biting reputation in my opinion.
Old 09-25-12, 05:14 PM   #33
Skumbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsnakechris View Post
Yeah, in my experience, milks tend to be way more bitey. I've been bit by my kings and now a corn but my kings tamed down and my corn seems to have been in a bad mood today but milks like to live up to their biting reputation in my opinion.
My milk has never even thought about striking at me, nevermind actually biting me. He's a voracious feeder though! Hes a year old and hasn't missed a meal since he took his first pinky. That said, hes a black milk, and ive only heard about them being very well tempered.
Old 09-25-12, 05:17 PM   #34
TheBoogieDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skumbo View Post
My milk has never even thought about striking at me, nevermind actually biting me. He's a voracious feeder though! Hes a year old and hasn't missed a meal since he took his first pinky. That said, hes a black milk, and ive only heard about them being very well tempered.
I had been saying the same thing... until tonight. T'was Plisskens feeding night, and he will not eat. He hasn't missed a meal with me since I got him, but he just will not eat tonight.
Old 09-25-12, 06:00 PM   #35
Kingsnakechris

I could very well be wrong about milks, I've just been bitten by them a lot lol who knows maybe I've just encounterd ill tempered milks....
Old 10-05-12, 04:54 PM   #36
Wyldrose

I got tagged last night from an adult corn!!

Think I need to go to the ER?? lol!
Old 10-05-12, 04:58 PM   #37
Ragnar

I havent been tagged by a snake in like over a decade now! I hear ya on the quickness of the bite making you jump more than the pain. I used to catch black racers as a kid by letting them bite my left hand and gettin em behind the neck with my right. The pain was almost non-existent but I never got used to how surprisingly quick snakes are at striking!
Old 10-05-12, 05:08 PM   #38
Snakefood
mamma bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by millertime89 View Post
Cornsnakes bite? That's news to me.
extra extra, read all about it, Cornsnakes DO bite!!!!

bite club.jpg

Not that it hurts in the slightest, but they move so fast, you jump anyways!!
Old 10-05-12, 05:11 PM   #39
Kingsnakechris

Oh the horror! Lol yeah I've been working with my corn on a daily basis, I get bit on a daily basis lol ill post a pic of the next good one.
Old 10-05-12, 05:17 PM   #40
Snakefood
mamma bear

that pic is of a bite from my okeetee, who used to be my nicest, friendliest snake. Then one day , stupid me decided to clean the poop out of her viv BEFORE feeding her but after feeding the others, apparently the smell made her think my hand was prey and she has been striking my hand ever since!!!
Old 10-05-12, 05:24 PM   #41
Kingsnakechris

Gotta love it! Thankfully it doesn't hurt what so ever its just a matter of "REALLY?!" Lol
Old 10-05-12, 05:34 PM   #42
Snakefood
mamma bear

I know!! less than a papercut.

the only thing about that bite was, she really thought I was prey, she tagged, kept ahold and wrapped herself around my hand and wrist, I had to unwrap her and detach her from my hand too!!

never try to clean a cage when your hand smeels of dead rodent!!
Old 10-05-12, 05:44 PM   #43
Kingsnakechris

Lol yep! I learned that lesson when I had my first Bp. Stung a little but not to bad. My cornsnake like to wrap my hand/wrist up as well. Im normally okay with waiting her out but every now and again she tries to swallow my finger lol then its time to intervene
Old 10-05-12, 06:46 PM   #44
Snakefood
mamma bear

LOL!! ya I guess so!! but as you can see from the placement of the bite, I was in no danger of being swallowed whole!!! LOL

here's my beautiful biting gal!!

IMG_1259[1].jpg

IMG_1836.jpg

IMG_1840.jpg
Old 10-05-12, 06:57 PM   #45
Kingsnakechris

Wow, she's a very gorgeous cornsnake! Just have to let her think she's big and bad eh? LOL
Closed Thread