border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Venomous Forums > General Venomous Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-12, 09:02 AM   #1
SSSSnakes

I've waited years for this

Here is my new venomous snake I've waited years for. I know they are not rare but it's what I wanted for a long time and a friend of mine found it for me at the last reptile expo in Hamburg, PA. A jewel to my collection and a nice show piece for my display shows. A beautiful Albino Western Diamondback Rattlesnake. It's kind of weird that I wanted this snake so bad, because I am normally not a fan of albinos, I like snake with their normal colors and patterns. Not a big Morph fan.

If you notice any black marks on his nose, they are not mites or soars, the person had him on black gravel and it rubbed off on his face. I'm sure after the first shed it will shed away.

Login to remove ads
Old 10-21-12, 09:36 AM   #2
marvelfreak
Captain America

Re: I've waited years for this

Wow very nice. Congrats Jerry.
Old 10-21-12, 10:00 AM   #3
SSSSnakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelfreak View Post
Wow very nice. Congrats Jerry.
Thanks Chuck. I saw you got rid of 2 of your Bloods and got yourself some Balls. Good luck with your new Balls.
Old 10-21-12, 10:17 AM   #4
shaunyboy
slainte mhath

that a very good looking Albino mate

congratulations on tracking one down

cheers shaun
Old 10-21-12, 10:55 AM   #5
etc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSSnakes View Post
It's kind of weird that I wanted this snake so bad, because I am normally not a fan of albinos, I like snake with their normal colors and patterns. Not a big Morph fan.
I feel the same, but albinism is different than say a 'super banana yellow thunder' morph that is completely genetically modified by men, so I wouldn't fret.

I've had similar problems with newspaper ink on the snake's nose, it will come right off for ya.

Of course I won't forget to mention - nice pick up!
Login to remove ads
Old 10-21-12, 11:05 AM   #6
h3h

Congrats! The longer you wait the better it taste, huh? I like albinos, and I think he's good looking.

- h3
Old 10-21-12, 07:55 PM   #7
Roadtrash

That's a great looking snake!
Old 10-21-12, 08:27 PM   #8
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by etc View Post
I feel the same, but albinism is different than say a 'super banana yellow thunder' morph that is completely genetically modified by men, so I wouldn't fret.

I've had similar problems with newspaper ink on the snake's nose, it will come right off for ya.

Of course I won't forget to mention - nice pick up!
It's alright. You're ill informed. When you feel like acting like an adult you can come talk morphs you know where I am. I don't get why someone ALWAYS has to make a jab at morphs.

For the record, a ton, and I mean a ton, were found in the wild and still are on a regular basis.

Let's not take away from the original post and animal. I have a real spot for western diamondbacks. I think they are tremendously beautiful. Albino or wild type.
Old 10-21-12, 08:44 PM   #9
Rogue628

Send a message via Skype™ to Rogue628

Beautiful! Congrats, Jerry!
0.1.1 '11 Normal Royal Pythons 0.2 '11 Albino Burms 0.2 Rescue Dumeril's Boas (approx 4yrs old) 0.1 '11 Colombian Boa (BCI) 0.1 '11 Cali King 0.1.0 JCP 0.1 '12 borneo 1.0 rose hair T 1.0 cat 1.1 Kids 1.0 Boyfriend
Old 10-21-12, 09:30 PM   #10
etc
Banned

The good news is that you act like your opinion would be respect, but the bad news is that it’s not.

What does one’s (lack of) maturity have anything to do with their dislike for man-made morphs? If anything, your inability to digest other people's opinion is immature in itself. You are now pointing your gun at anything that moves to protect your personal investment aka BP morphs. Please acquire the “wiggle room” to perceive other people’s opinion as subjective claims and not an outright attack on your personal belongings – it just may save you from a cross-eying stroke episode. I frankly could care less what you do in your spare time or what you do with your ball python morphs wild occurring (small % or in absolute value) or man-made alike.

WDBs are indeed such beautiful snakes.
Login to remove ads
Old 10-21-12, 11:33 PM   #11
jaleely
Member of the family

SO cute! I don't usually like albinos either, and unless a particular "morph" actually has been seen in the wild, i don't consider it anything but man made, and i have issues with quite a number of BP breeders. But it's one of those cases where a few have kind of tainted it for everyone else.
But let's all agree to disagree about all of that.

This particular snake is a doll. I love rattlers.
27 snakes (7 sand boas, 4 hognose, 5 ball pythons, 1 bolivian boa, 2 dumeril's boas, 2 carpet pythons, 5 garters, 1 corn snake), 1 cave spider, 9 tarantulas, 1 tokay gecko, 2 dogs, 2 frogs, emperor scorpions 1,000 dubia roaches, & tons of fish.
Old 10-22-12, 01:42 AM   #12
marvelfreak
Captain America

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSSnakes View Post
Thanks Chuck. I saw you got rid of 2 of your Bloods and got yourself some Balls. Good luck with your new Balls.
Thanks! I kept the female because she 's my favorite of the three. He offer me twice what she worth but she not going any where.
Old 10-22-12, 07:43 AM   #13
Will0W783
The Original Urban Legend

Send a message via AIM to Will0W783

Very nice albino WDB, Ssnakes! Good luck with it, they are neat snakes....but be very careful. WDBs are some of the most defensive, and at times aggressive, rattlesnakes one can own. Their bites are particularly nasty as well; in fact, the record for fastest death of a bite victim belongs to the WDB. A man died in 12 minutes from a WDB bite....I believe he had some underlying heart issues, but still....be careful please!
Old 10-22-12, 07:50 AM   #14
SSSSnakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will0W783 View Post
Very nice albino WDB, Ssnakes! Good luck with it, they are neat snakes....but be very careful. WDBs are some of the most defensive, and at times aggressive, rattlesnakes one can own. Their bites are particularly nasty as well; in fact, the record for fastest death of a bite victim belongs to the WDB. A man died in 12 minutes from a WDB bite....I believe he had some underlying heart issues, but still....be careful please!
Thank for the warning, but I keep many WDB and have for over the past 30 years. It was also the only HOT snake that I ever was bitten by, back in 1999. So I know the results of a bite from one. Although the bite was a result of my careless action of skipping a safety procedure and being in a rush, when I was trying to assist feed the snake.
Old 10-22-12, 07:59 AM   #15
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by etc View Post
The good news is that you act like your opinion would be respect, but the bad news is that it’s not.

What does one’s (lack of) maturity have anything to do with their dislike for man-made morphs? If anything, your inability to digest other people's opinion is immature in itself. You are now pointing your gun at anything that moves to protect your personal investment aka BP morphs. Please acquire the “wiggle room” to perceive other people’s opinion as subjective claims and not an outright attack on your personal belongings – it just may save you from a cross-eying stroke episode. I frankly could care less what you do in your spare time or what you do with your ball python morphs wild occurring (small % or in absolute value) or man-made alike.

WDBs are indeed such beautiful snakes.
Just keep your opinion to yourself on what MY hobby is. I don't care what you do or what you keep. I don't make negative comments to others about what they keep because they love it.

No reason for some asshat to always make a jab about mutations in ball pythons. Who the hell cares what I do with MY hobby and or investment?

I can digest anyone's opinion but I dislike when that person's opinion is negative about MY hobby for no other reason then "I don't like it". I don't think it's appropriate.

If you wish to continue this shoot me a PM as this isn't the thread for this.
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread