border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-05, 11:40 PM   #1
SCReptiles

Man eating snake

I am sure most of you have seen this at one time or another. I noticed you can not see the arms, or at least the right one…I can’t tell if that is the left one behind his back or not. Seems like if the snake swallowed him, the arms would be at his side….looks as though the right arm is inside the snake, as if clearing the way for this guy to crawl in. Does anyone have any real info on the origin of this photo? Does anyone else notice anything I am over looking that does not add up?
www.SCReptiles.com 2.2 Crotalus adamanteus. 2.2 Crotalus h. atricaudatus. 2.2 Crotalus h. horridus. 1.1 Agkistrodon p. piscivorus. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. contortrix. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. mokasen. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. laticinctus. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. pictigaster. Agkistrodon c. phaeogaster. 1.2 Sistrurus miliarius barbouri. 1.1 Micrurus fulvius. 0.0.1 Micrurus fulvius tenere
Login to remove ads
Old 08-02-05, 11:57 PM   #2
pitviper10

Send a message via AIM to pitviper10
These photos are a hoax. they were used with dead snakes.
Old 08-03-05, 07:54 AM   #3
JimmyDavid

If that snake was cut open right at that time, there would be more blood and guts around. Notice the white clean meat of the snake, she has been previously prepared and rid of guts. The guy itself had to be involved in a gut sack that just seems to be not there.
Although i believe this particular case it's a hoax, the fact is that a snake like that can eat a human being. Shoulders aren't a problem and the people who say that probably have plenty of experience with corn snakes but not with giant contrictors. They have this instinct that makes them coil around the rough parts of its prey and crush it in. They do that to chicken wings.
Old 08-03-05, 08:48 AM   #4
Lrptls

Send a message via AIM to Lrptls Send a message via MSN to Lrptls
so have any snakes eaten adults?
0.0.1 tentacled snake, 0.1 brazilian rainbow boa, 0.0.1 black blood python, 1.0 jampea reticulated python, 1.1 yellow anacondas, 1.1 emerald tree boas, 3.1 BCIs, 1.1 ball pythons, 1.0 tiger salamander, 1.1 african giant millipedes, 0.0.2 cockatiels, 2.1 ferrets, 3.0 pet rats, some fish and more
Old 08-03-05, 08:53 AM   #5
JimmyDavid

There's not much information on that. I have heard that a portuguese soldier was found in the belly of an african rock python, during the war in Angola. There's a photo going around but i never saw it.
Old 08-03-05, 05:52 PM   #6
thunder

The only confirmed man-eating snake that I know of was an afrock who ate a young teenage goat herder. The boy's family pelted the snake with rocks untill it regurged.
Old 08-04-05, 10:28 AM   #7
K1LOS

Send a message via ICQ to K1LOS Send a message via AIM to K1LOS Send a message via MSN to K1LOS Send a message via Yahoo to K1LOS
I saw a thing about an afrock attacking a man on his way home from the water hole. I don't remember the details but he was either in the process of being swallowed and he killed it, or had just been swallowed and killed it. Anyways, there isn't really anyway to prove it was true, other then the dead body of a giant afrock on tv.