border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > All Other Herp Forums > Aquatic forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-02, 06:19 PM   #1
corr

Need help identifying...

I just bought this fish as a "Damsel" but they couldn't tell me what kind. It's about 2 inches long right now and was in a tank with blue yellow tails, dominos, and other damsels.

I've looked all over the net and can't find anything.

Anyone?

Last edited by corr; 09-21-02 at 01:12 PM..
Login to remove ads
Old 09-03-02, 07:26 PM   #2
Jeff_Favelle

Send a message via AIM to Jeff_Favelle Send a message via MSN to Jeff_Favelle Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff_Favelle

Ha ha, cool drawing.

Never seen anything like that fish.
Old 09-04-02, 04:28 AM   #3
Shane Tesser

Hey Corr....is there a no media ban in the courtroom for this fish...what did he do?....i love the artists rendition...i feel like im watching the news! LOL!!! I would put my money on it definately being one of the Chromis/Damsel species....there is so many of them. It almost looks like it could be a variation of either the Green Chromis, or the blue green Chromis....but the yellow fins throws one off. Maybe you are lucky and have one of those accidental imports, or rarely seen imports. Either way, id love to see a pic...how big is it?
Old 09-04-02, 04:54 AM   #4
corr

Yeah, I've looked at pics of the Green and the Blue-Green Chromis but no yellow. It's 2 inches long now and seems to be a herbivore. Sorry, I'd never get a decent pic of this guy. That's why I drew him instead. Hehe, maybe I should submit it to America's Most Wanted.
Old 09-04-02, 04:04 PM   #5
Shane Tesser

Lol Corr....i bet you have a rare fish there! Ill look through all of my books sometime in the next few days and see if i can help you put a name to the face.....errr fish!
Login to remove ads
Old 09-04-02, 04:58 PM   #6
corr

Thanks, Shane. I've been looking through Fishbase too. Holy smokes, there's a lot of Damsels!
Old 09-21-02, 01:10 PM   #7
corr

Hey, finally got a pic of the tank... I've given up trying to find out what kind of fish it is. He is doing great though.

Anyone know what those bright green things are shooting out of the live rock? Are they feather dusters?