border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Boa Forums > General Boa Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-18, 06:15 PM   #1
BallBuster7653

Emergency! Lost my boa outside! Found him but something Isn’t right:(

So his name is shade. He’s 120 g 30 inches and about six months old at most I just got him about two months ago since said he has shed for me wants and has eaten the adult mice weekly with no problem Sorry about punctuation and everything I’m speaking into my iPhone I have about 15 years of owning large constrictors I know exactly what I’m doing but I’ve never had this happen to me before and I really need help I’m worried

Long story short I brought him outside to days ago because it was very nice bright and sunny and he was just laying on the grass out front which isn’t very big my entire yard is probably about 15’ x 10’ and it’s all just grass so he was just staying in the same spot so I ran inside because I forgot I have dinner in the oven and I completely forgot and I can’t outside right away and he was gone I looked for 8 1/2 hours until it got dark after it got dark everything looking in the two bushes out front climbing up trees looking for any kind of barrels that were around and I had no luck I was so upset. Long story short I brought him outside to days ago because it was very nice bright and sunny and he was just laying on the grass out front which isn’t very big my entire yard is probably about 15‘ x 10‘ and it’s all just grass so he was just staying in the same spot so I ran inside because I forgot I have dinner in the oven and I completely forgot and I can’t outside right away and he was gone I looked for 8 1/2 hours until it got dark after it got dark everything looking in the two bushes out front climbing up trees looking for any kind of barrels that were around and I had no luck I was so upset The next morning I was smoking a cigarette on my front porch and all of a sudden I see that beautiful red tail and I was so happy tears of joy I felt him I am mediately brought him inside cascade set back up and put him away The next morning I was smoking a cigarette on my front porch and all of a sudden I see that beautiful red tail and I was so happy tears of joy I felt him I am mediately brought him inside cascade set back up and put him away Now here’s the problem I lost him Saturday night while Saturday I mean Sunday even though I shouldn’t of been holding him I just wanted to get him some sun that I wasn’t handling him but he fed on an adult mouse the biggest thing he’s ever eaten and the huge lump inside him. I found him Monday morning which was only two days after he’s eaten this large pray I don’t he did not look like he ate anything at all there was no trace of a bump whatsoever not even a little one so my best guess is because it got a little cold at night maybe in the 50s and he got nervous and scared and I also had to start moving that maybe he regurgitated I cannot find the mouse but I think he may have a gorgeous at it which is really really bad I found him Monday morning which was only two days after hazy in this large play I don’t he did not look like he ate anything at all it was no trace of a bump whatsoever not even a little one so my best guess is because it got a little cold at night maybe in the 50s and he got nervous and scared and I also had to start moving that maybe he regurgitated I cannot find the mouse but I think he may have a gorgeous it is it which is really really bad and

So basically I am asking is he OK what are the side effects of regurgitating a meal should I leave him alone for a week should I not handle him at all I also tried to feed him a hopper mice are frozen Harper and he wouldn’t take it he always takes food he loves food so if he difficult to say even if you did ever go to say I feel like he still would’ve ate the hopper really worried about that too. I will say one thing his last shed was on March 31 he shut his whole skit and he started the shed process of March 20 well it is now April 24 so it is possible that he is beginning his shed cycle I’m going to post some pictures and you guys tell me what you think I can usually tell if the about the Chevrolet and I know he’s going to ship by the end of April he’s a newborn he’s eating a lot I’m sure he’s going to **** every month by now if not more than that
I will say one thing his last shed was on March 31 he shut his whole skit and he started the show process of March 20 well it is now April 24 so it is possible that he is beginning his shed cycle I’m going to post some pictures and you guys tell me what you think I can usually tell if the about the Chevrolet and I know he’s going to ship by the end of April he’s a newborn he’s eating a lot I’m sure he’s going to shed every month by now if not more than that

Please any advice is appreciated tell me what to do and tell me when to feed him next and all that good stuff thank you so much and advance
Login to remove ads
Old 04-25-18, 04:21 AM   #2
craigafrechette

Re: Emergency! Lost my boa outside! Found him but something Isn’t right:(

My advice... make sentences. Seperate your thoughts.

I couldn't even get through that mess to read it.
Old 04-27-18, 10:03 PM   #3
BallBuster7653

I found him. But thanks professor Grammar

Last edited by Aaron_S; 05-03-18 at 11:05 AM.. Reason: Deletion of Insult to other member
Old 04-28-18, 03:00 AM   #4
craigafrechette

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallBuster7653 View Post
I found him. But thanks professor Grammar

I'm simply trying to help you. Many people will skip over threads that are long, jumbled run-on sentences. So, if you seperate your thoughts you'll get more people to read your thread and help you out.

Last edited by Aaron_S; 05-03-18 at 11:06 AM.. Reason: Quote with insult.
Old 04-28-18, 11:57 AM   #5
StevenL

Might want to learn how to use your keyboard or find a forum that encourages posts that mimic the length of a novel. Posts that long will either wear a battery out to read it or the reader may die of old age.
Login to remove ads
Old 04-29-18, 04:15 AM   #6
craigafrechette

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenL View Post
Might want to learn how to use your keyboard or find a forum that encourages posts that mimic the length of a novel. Posts that long will either wear a battery out to read it or the reader may die of old age.
Exactly!!! Thank you for agreeing with me and trying to help the OP.

Hopefully OP learns to take constructive criticism maturely.
Old 04-29-18, 06:34 AM   #7
scales.jp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallBuster7653 View Post
Long story short...
I'd hate to hear the long version!
Old 04-29-18, 06:40 AM   #8
craigafrechette

Quote:
Originally Posted by scales.jp View Post
I'd hate to hear the long version!
I know, right??
Old 04-29-18, 10:21 AM   #9
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

I got a little lost in the story but I'm glad you found your critter.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 05-05-18, 11:23 PM   #10
Shauna0522

Send a message via MSN to Shauna0522 Send a message via Yahoo to Shauna0522

So I don't really know a lot about regurgitation so I can't answer any of your questions about that, but in regards to what everybody else is saying about it being long and whatever for me it was more that everything you said was repeated at least twice which was really annoying and it did almost make me want to quit reading it. So I don't want to sound rude here and I tell my husband this all the time because he does the same things that you just did, but if you're going to send something or post something to somebody proofread before you just post it, it makes things way more enjoyable for people to read and people are more likely to give you some good input. I do apologize that I don't know anything about a regurg so I can't tell you what the symptoms are or how long you should wait to hold your animal but I guess I would probably wait at least a week before I touched him and maybe a week or two before I fed again. Hope he is ok
Old 05-08-18, 12:41 PM   #11
trailblazer295

Okay I tried reading twice but keep getting thrown off with sentences repeating themselves. Please edit it down so there are no repeated statements.
Old 05-19-18, 06:10 AM   #12
TurboChris

He will be fine he will be fine.
Wait two weeks wait two weeks.
Feed a smaller meal feed a smaller meal.
Old 05-20-18, 06:54 AM   #13
lonewolf1253

Glad you found him but I agree with some of the others. Keep it shorter and to the point. I wasn't about to read all that.
Closed Thread