border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Boa Forums > General Boa Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-17, 05:47 AM   #1
LMactans

Question Boa Constrictor Sabogae - advice needed

Hi all. Few words about myself. After keeping boas, corns and ball pythons as pets for nearly twenty years I decided to finally take next step and start breeding. My BCI Anery het. female is almost 3years old 2.3m 7.5kg. Few months ago I decided that next year or so I could start my project. So i went to local reptile shop to get nice male for her. Long story short I bought most beautiful snake that was there (quite expensive) - male Boa Constrictor Sabogae. After doing some research I came to a conclusion, that cross breeding subspecies' is not a good way to go. So new plan lol. Currently im looking for Sabogae female, and there are none for sale in UK. On top of that I'm worried that if i get one in UK it might be related to my male (from what I've learned they get small litters 8-20 babies, and by 2009 there were only 3 confirmed successfull attempts in EU). My setup is almost ready, but I could use some help regarding Boa Constrictor Sabogae breading habits. I assume that it's almost identical to standard BCI, but I could use some advice on entire process. Does anyone here keep these? All help welcome. Also English is not my first language, sorry if it was a difficult read.

--------------------------------------
Python Regius, Boa Constrictor Imperator, Boa Constrictor Sabogae
Login to remove ads
Old 11-13-17, 11:21 AM   #2
DJC Reptiles

Re: Boa Constrictor Sabogae - advice needed

Hello, I don't keep any of those but I know a little bit about them. They don't get nearly as large as BCI and you can keep them in slightly smaller cages, 5-6 foot cages work well for adults. Other than that husbandry and care is very similar to BCI, hope you have luck breeding him!
Old 11-13-17, 02:40 PM   #3
LMactans

Thank you ��. I hope to find a nice female for him soon, I did find one in Germany, but shipping to UK winter time is too risky, and animal well being comes first.
Old 11-16-17, 05:31 AM   #4
richardhind

Very nice pick up I do love the saboge
Can’t wait to see some pictures too
0.1 Common het Kahl BCI,,0.1 red pastel hypo het albino bci,0.1 kahl sunglow bci, 1.1 boa longicauda het "Zero",1.0 motley het kahl bci,0.1hypo img,1.0 hypo harlequin het vpi t+, 1.2 hypo 100%het albino and 100% het berry blood, 1.0 guyana bcc,1.0 hypo jungle het blood&het albino,1.0 albino motley0.1 sunglow motley,1.1 mandarinbelly leopard
Old 11-16-17, 08:19 AM   #5
dannybgoode

Try and get in touch with Ian Kerr. Possibly the best breeder of B constrictor sp. in the UK and will undoubtedly have some knowledge iro of working with these.

Agree with Richard - they're lovely snakes
0.1 B imperator, 1.0 M spilota harrisoni, 1.0 C hortulanus, 2.1 P reticulatus (Madu locality), 1.1 S amethystine, 1.1 L olivaceous, 1.0 C angulifer, 1.0 Z persicus, 0.1 P regius, 0.1 N natrix, 0.1 E climacophora, 1.0 P obsoletus, 0.1 L geluta nigrtia, 1.0 P catenifer sayi, 1.0 T lepidus
Login to remove ads
Old 11-16-17, 09:03 AM   #6
richardhind

I messaged the op earlier with Ian’s details thought that was the best option too Danny
0.1 Common het Kahl BCI,,0.1 red pastel hypo het albino bci,0.1 kahl sunglow bci, 1.1 boa longicauda het "Zero",1.0 motley het kahl bci,0.1hypo img,1.0 hypo harlequin het vpi t+, 1.2 hypo 100%het albino and 100% het berry blood, 1.0 guyana bcc,1.0 hypo jungle het blood&het albino,1.0 albino motley0.1 sunglow motley,1.1 mandarinbelly leopard
Old 11-21-17, 07:14 AM   #7
LMactans

Thank You all for replying. I will hopefully upload some pictures soon. Thanks for advise.
Closed Thread

Tags
breeding boas, pearl island boa