sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-17, 08:19 PM   #1
TRD

What is on your wishlist?

Hello all,

Just out of curiosity, what are those snakes that are on your wishlist, or in your dreams, but you don't have in your collection? I'm just curious here if there are people around struggling the same as me with attaining those special/rare/difficult to find species?

Personally I'm dying to get my hands on a pair of Boiga cyanea. I just love the look of those, but my girlfriend is not allowing for any venomous snake around, even if they really pose no harm for humans (even hognose is out of the question) ... I'm still trying to convince her. The other would be Gonyosoma oxycephalum... beautiful snake, but they are big and bad tempered so I've heard. I don't mind snakes with an attitude, but I heard these guys can be pretty insane and like to bite you in your face instead of hand. And last but definitely not least and more common snake, but so far I have not found a breeder here that has them, Lampropeltis alterna Black Gap. Nice looks, but, here in Hungary very rare, as in not seen in over 5 years.

I found a breeder of G. oxycephalum just yesterday, but his snakes are currently in the local zoo. He told me to shoot an e-mail in late summer when he has them back.

So, what are your sought after reptiles?
Login to remove ads
Old 02-26-17, 08:31 PM   #2
Skipper7

Re: What is on your wishlist?

I'm new to the snake scene and have yet to purchase my first. I'm planning on Antaresia childreni as my first. A. perthensis and Eunectes notaeus are my future wish list snakes.

As for lizards... don't get me started

Last edited by Skipper7; 02-26-17 at 08:51 PM..
Old 02-26-17, 08:39 PM   #3
SnoopySnake

Personally.....up high on my list are timor pythons, red or orange eastern hognose, blue phase baron's racer, mangshan vipers, indo-chinese spitting cobras, and a trans pecos or broad banded copperhead. For lizards, I'd really like more gargoyle geckos, and some type of dwarf monitor.
Old 02-26-17, 10:24 PM   #4
GyGbeetle

Send a message via Yahoo to GyGbeetle

Columbian rainbow boa, Brazilian rainbow boa, white lipped Python, black headed Python, argentine boa, dumerils boa, ummmmm.....

I think my husband wants to get into the hots, but I don't think his wishlist will ever be fulfilled....

But if anyone asks, I only have 1. The rest just showed up for the house party.
Old 02-27-17, 10:13 AM   #5
awwalz01

I would love to get a new pair of carpets. I really like the axanthic granite jags. So I want to get a granite het axanthic and an axanthic het granite, one of which being jag. I think this would be a pretty cool pairing because all of the babies would be, at a minimum, double het. It would mostly produce visuals which I think would be pretty cool. Can't imagine looking in the egg box one day and seeing all of those wonderful snakes!
Old 02-27-17, 10:28 AM   #6
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

A blonde stripper named "Candi"....

Oh you meant a reptile wish list.... some angolan pythons I guess....
Old 02-27-17, 10:33 AM   #7
jay's reptiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_S View Post

OMG. The best comment on this fourm.
Old 02-27-17, 11:16 AM   #8
GyGbeetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay's reptiles View Post

Omg. The best comment on this fourm.
buahahahahhaha!

Old 02-27-17, 11:25 AM   #9
afsgr88

Quote:

Pahahahah, good one! xD

1.0 Albino Burmese Python (Lotan) ☆ 0.1 BCI (Nagini) ☆ 1.0 Continental Bulldog (Bundy) ☆ 1.0 Boyfriend
Old 02-27-17, 11:56 AM   #10
sattva

Boy there is probably 15 snakes I would like to own, but I meet this guy who had a Albino western diamondback rattlesnake... He was so cool in his cage rattling his little rattles... I've wanted one ever since... I doubt my wife will ever let me have one, I'll have to wait until she goes on... And then I'll get one and a blond...
Leon- 1.0 Lemon Ball, aka Russo Het White Diamond Ball Python... Crystal's boyfriend...
Login to remove ads
Old 02-27-17, 12:04 PM   #11
jay's reptiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyGbeetle View Post
buahahahahhaha!
what the heck... there is an angry face on my post. must of click one of the emoji by accident.
Old 02-27-17, 12:14 PM   #12
RedTailRutiodon

Oooh boy, this is hard.

Near-ish future (my land lord currently has my critter-count capped, and breeding here is entirely off the table, so I'd need a new space):

*Boaedon capensis breeding pair or trio, they're such adorable little snakes

*Really into corn snakes now after seeing more in person recently, totally in love with striped ones.

*Male Bci, I really love hypo leopards particularly but a sunglow is also really striking

*Female pinstripe BP, maybe an axanthic?

*Cal Kings, especially with a nice even white/black banding, mostly because king snakes as a symbolic thing are really fascinating to me (there's a line in Red Dragon comparing Will Graham to one which really stands out to me)

*Leucistic Texas Rat Snake. My uncle had one years ago and it was a gorgeous, gorgeous animal.

*Pueblan Milk Snake. These I think the basic, wild pattern is the most beautiful.

Further future (would want much more experience/funds available):

*Granite burmese python. Some of the retic morphs are really stunning, but with what I've heard and seen of their temperment I think a burm would really be great, and the granite pattern is really nice looking. If I ever stepped into giants, odds are it'd be here.

*BRB. Maybe doesn't deserve to be in the same ranking, but I'm not comfortable with the potential dehydration issue just yet, particularly since I take some long weekend trips. An automated misting system and/or babysitter for the weekend would go a long way.

*Sumatran Short Tailed Python. That solid black coloring, man. God damn.

*Probably never gunna happen, but hey it's a dream so why not mention it: Albino monocled cobra. Beautiful animals, but I have no experience with hots. Maybe someday, it's something I'd like to learn more about, but the day I get one is far, far in the future.
Old 02-27-17, 01:24 PM   #13
akane

I'm not looking for anything particularly rare. Just specific colors that are mostly locality based rather than captive morph and mostly North American species. Then there's just the random stuff I come across that's interesting but I don't really have room in my plans so far to bother doing much research into. Maybe eventually something more exotic.
Old 02-27-17, 01:44 PM   #14
TRD

Quote:

For joke I wanted to reply with an add for Candi, I was sure to find a few on the internets. Apparently there's a male stripper going by Candi...

On the good sides of things, I showed a bunch of pictures of B. cyanea juvies, and got a green light (hard to resist them, so cute, though I had to collect the nice pictures and not gaping defensive little aholes)! Now just need to find CBB somehow. I guess I will show baby snakes from now on to convince her that it's alright, even though it turns in a 9 ft monster within 3 years time

@Skipper; Eunectes notaeus I thought about too, but I wouldn't know how to house a full grown one properly. We already have a collection of 21 animals now, and 2 kids on top, running out of space.. ;(
@RedTailRutiodon; I also have a weak spot of a nicely banded Cali king for some reason, though I haven't had one of them ever... It's still somewhere floating around my brain from time to time. They have this very iconic thing about them, like diamondbacks, ETBs, or gaboons.
Old 02-27-17, 01:55 PM   #15
GyGbeetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD View Post

For joke I wanted to reply with an add for Candi, I was sure to find a few on the internets. Apparently there's a male stripper going by Candi...

On the good sides of things, I showed a bunch of pictures of B. cyanea juvies, and got a green light (hard to resist them, so cute, though I had to collect the nice pictures and not gaping defensive little aholes)! Now just need to find CBB somehow. I guess I will show baby snakes from now on to convince her that it's alright, even though it turns in a 9 ft monster within 3 years time
Now I'm curious about the ad!

My husband uses this strategy often. It's how he convinced me into having 2 retics. They were babies. And then his son found a YouTube video of a 24 foot retic in a zoo somewhere, AFTER we bought the retics. AFTER. Would've been helpful BEFORE.

Login to remove ads
Closed Thread