border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-15, 08:34 AM   #1
that1guy

Officers Rescue Ky. Store Owner Crushed by 125-Pound Python

This story was waiting for me on the local news website when I woke up this morning. I thought I would share it.

Officers Rescue Ky. Store Owner Crushed by 125-Pound Python
Login to remove ads
Old 10-06-15, 10:58 AM   #2
ManSlaughter33

Re: Officers Rescue Ky. Store Owner Crushed by 125-Pound Python

I wish they would specify for the non-snake people what KIND of python.. Because thats what gets people fearing even just ball pythons. They only know the word python.
Old 10-06-15, 11:16 AM   #3
trailblazer295

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManSlaughter33 View Post
I wish they would specify for the non-snake people what KIND of python.. Because thats what gets people fearing even just ball pythons. They only know the word python.
You mean there is a chance it's not a ball python? What about spoutted or children's?

But yes that's like saying a dog bit a kid or a bear, they have no problem specifying then.
Old 10-06-15, 12:30 PM   #4
ManSlaughter33

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailblazer295 View Post
You mean there is a chance it's not a ball python? What about spoutted or children's?

But yes that's like saying a dog bit a kid or a bear, they have no problem specifying then.
Well people I know keep asking me if I'm afraid my ball pythons are going to kill someone...... I said no what makes you think that.. and I hear " Well its a python.. didn't you hear about the python that killed blah blah"

like totally different pythons but the media doesnt say that... So people who dont like snakes to begin with, think all pythons are the same..

Like a "dog attack" vs "pitbull attack"... they never have an issue specifying a breed then...
Old 10-06-15, 01:24 PM   #5
jjhill001

They would say "Dog Attack" if the breed was a Lab or Chihuahua. They only specify when its one of the "Dangerous" breeds. They do whatever they can to get reads, likes, and views. The media in our country is a joke in all aspects. When the most trusted Journalist in your country is a comedian (John Stewart) then you know there is something wrong.
Login to remove ads
Old 10-06-15, 11:37 PM   #6
toddnbecka

I saw that on FB a day or two ago, more detailed report though. Said the guy was in bad shape, but didn't specify whether the damage was from teeth or crushing. Someone on FB had commented that there were 2 different accounts, another stated a 15' python.
7.6.26 Dominican red mountain boas, 1.1 carpet pythons, 3 ATB, 1.1 climacophora, 1.1 Russian rats, 1.1 prasina, 1.1 speckled kings, 3.3.1 corns, 1.1.1 black rats, 1.1 savu, 1.1 Stimson's, 1 spotted python, 1.1 Boiga nigriceps, 3 Olive house snakes, 1 Sonoran mountain king, 0.1 Sinoloan milk snake, 1.1 Dione rat snake.
Old 10-07-15, 12:06 AM   #7
toddnbecka

From Terry Wilkins FB page:
Hello everyone my name is Keiko Wilkins. Many of you know me as the little girl dragging around Smiley the alligator or playing with the large anacondas. Terry Wilkins is my dad and I want to reassure people. First, he is perfectly fine and back to work. The news media exaggerated the extent to which he was injured. He did not almost die or die as people have been saying. Secondly, the inaccurate news articles are spreading like rapid fire and we ask that people ignore them and inform others that they are inaccurate. We all know how the news media likes to exaggerate about everything and make a situation seem ten times worse than it actually is. Lastly, thank you to everyone around the world that has contacted our stores and my family. It is good to know that we have the support of so many from so far away. We thank you so much and it means a lot to know that my father has had an impact on so many people. Please share this and inform others that my father was never in any danger and he is fine. If you have any further questions feel free to message me and I will try to get back to you asap.

Keiko Wilkins
He was bit on the arm by one of the retics and after getting the snake off, he tripped on a puddle of water and hit his head.

Facts aren't nearly as juicy, lol...
7.6.26 Dominican red mountain boas, 1.1 carpet pythons, 3 ATB, 1.1 climacophora, 1.1 Russian rats, 1.1 prasina, 1.1 speckled kings, 3.3.1 corns, 1.1.1 black rats, 1.1 savu, 1.1 Stimson's, 1 spotted python, 1.1 Boiga nigriceps, 3 Olive house snakes, 1 Sonoran mountain king, 0.1 Sinoloan milk snake, 1.1 Dione rat snake.
Old 10-07-15, 06:12 AM   #8
Albert Clark

Wow! Glad he is ok. Thank you Todd and Becka for the clarification of the facts through Keiko Wilkins account. News media always looking to sensationalize any story.
Closed Thread