border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-15, 11:25 AM   #1
AlexCrazy

Exclamation Sticky situation for this little guy :(

So.. As im getting the house ready for my birthday on Friday.. I found this sticky mouse trap with a big gecko in it! I love them so much that i begged my buzzy dad for a solution.. He sead.. Try to un stick him and place him on baby powder... Did as told.. Thank goodness only his tail and back legs where the hardest bits to get of (this stuff is really, really sticky!) if more of him whas on.. I could of riped his skin. Soo.. Now that he is safe.. But with powder on.. I will have to nurse him until the stuff comes of or something.. He cant climb on wall's so.. Useless hunter.
Any suggestions for food.. Health.. And living place.. Never kept a gecko... If anyone has a solution or advice to get the sticky stuff of.. Would love to hear it please.. Thanks
I also have my tarantulas place.. I could mive him to place the gecko in.. Or what do you guys think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150818_124954.jpg (22.4 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg 20150818_125338.jpg (24.0 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg 20150818_125047.jpg (24.2 KB, 65 views)
Old 08-18-15, 06:16 PM   #2
AlexCrazy

Re: Sticky situation for this little guy :(

So... Here is his temporary living place.. Took one of hércules les used thermometer and placed it in to regulate the temperature.. Used my tiny spear heat pad i have... So... I gues he is good ish contitions... Keeping him at 31_30c°
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150818_172004.jpg (24.4 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg 20150818_173024.jpg (24.2 KB, 51 views)
Old 08-18-15, 06:33 PM   #3
Minkness
Forum Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Minkness

Hust keep the humidity up a bit and offer small insects like meal worms and crickets. Mealworms will be easier for him to catch. Also, you may want to offer him some calcium with D3 powder as that will help with a healthy shed so he can get that remaining sticky stufd and powder off.

Good luck!

I stopped counting at 30....
Old 08-18-15, 06:40 PM   #4
Tiny Boidae

I'd get a luke warm wash cloth and try to clean the mess up a little bit, try and see the extent of the damage done before you do anything else. Seeing as he's wild and probably scared to death, be very slow and deliberate doing this, no sudden movements and if he starts to squirm, stop and wait for him to calm down again before proceeding. Don't press into his stomach, and just be mindful of any spots that might seem to pain him (as in flinching when you touch an area, or squirming). This can take a long time to do if you're mindful of his situation, so keep in mind you might need to take a few hours as a break every now and then. If you do manage to get if off, I might try one of those fragrance-free moisturisers or lotions to help bring some relief to the area. Until you're sure it can hunt again, you might be able to feed it some crickets using forceps, or maybe even worms although I seriously doubt it's going to eat right now. For now, let's try and focus on one thing at a time and try and show us a picture of the actual stomach, just to see how bad it is.
Old 08-18-15, 06:41 PM   #5
AlexCrazy

Thanks... I placed a tiny moth in... Bugs at this time of year are sleeping.. I dont whant to give to much humidity cos the powder keeps him from sticking to everything.. But ill give a bit of a spay =) thanks again...
Old 08-18-15, 06:46 PM   #6
AlexCrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny Boidae View Post
I'd get a luke warm wash cloth and try to clean the mess up a little bit, try and see the extent of the damage done before you do anything else. Seeing as he's wild and probably scared to death, be very slow and deliberate doing this, no sudden movements and if he starts to squirm, stop and wait for him to calm down again before proceeding. Don't press into his stomach, and just be mindful of any spots that might seem to pain him (as in flinching when you touch an area, or squirming). This can take a long time to do if you're mindful of his situation, so keep in mind you might need to take a few hours as a break every now and then. If you do manage to get if off, I might try one of those fragrance-free moisturisers or lotions to help bring some relief to the area. Until you're sure it can hunt again, you might be able to feed it some crickets using forceps, or maybe even worms although I seriously doubt it's going to eat right now. For now, let's try and focus on one thing at a time and try and show us a picture of the actual stomach, just to see how bad it is.
He did not loose any skin thank goodness and did not freak to much... He whas a bit intelligent and did not go more in to de stuff.. So it whas just his tail that kept him on for the most part.. He now has some baby powder on.. So he does not stick on to him self or other things... With his sheed it will be gonne.. And back in to the wild.. Un less he turns out a good pet.. Jijijiji
Old 08-18-15, 06:49 PM   #7
SnoopySnake

I've heard that olive oil or vegetable/canola oil can get tape and that goo off, not 100% sure though
Old 08-18-15, 06:51 PM   #8
Tiny Boidae

Oh I misread the first post, I thought it was still on- my mistake. I would try and setup a little bit of a large enclosure, even if only temporary. Something with opaque sides, and until he can hunt crickets again and he's back to normal, I'd keep him in captivity. Try to reduce as much stress as you can and place some hides in there.
Old 08-18-15, 07:00 PM   #9
AlexCrazy

Ill try that when he is more calm snoop...
Tiny.. Do you thinks Dmont's tank will do? The tarantula in the photo above.. I could mkve him out since he dosent need soo much space..
Old 08-18-15, 07:14 PM   #10
Tiny Boidae

It probably could, just lay down some paper towel and hiding spots and the gecko will be feeling like a million bucks in no time. Also, I'd still try to tape some paper or such around the sides just because he probably wouldn't appreciate being on display like that, probably would feel pretty exposed. No loud noises, no room traffic, just leave him alone except to check and help every now and then. Probably would also help to get him a water bowl and spray him lightly to keep him hydrated. I can't imagine how thirsty he must be, and he probably won't last long if he isn't drinking like he should. Just try and leave interaction to a minimum, as a stressed gecko is one that won't recover well.
Login to remove ads
Old 08-18-15, 07:19 PM   #11
AlexCrazy

Thanks... Will do right now! =) poor Dmont.. Jaja
Old 08-18-15, 11:30 PM   #12
kala83

poor guy getting stuck like that I am surprised he was calm...if I was in stuff like that I feel like I would freak a lil ....good gosh that is a big spider in that tray in the first pic lol
Old 08-19-15, 04:31 AM   #13
AlexCrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala83 View Post
good gosh that is a big spider in that tray in the first pic lol
Yeah.. They get a bit big around here.. Cos we live a bit far from the city.. We dont have neighbours cos theres trees and stuf.. Ha ha
Old 08-19-15, 02:55 PM   #14
AlexCrazy

So.. After having alergi problems.. (my tarántulas hair has poison that makes skin itchy) i cleand out the tank and placed paper towels and the small decor... and 2 hides... Plus the heat pad and the background i made real fast... Jajaja it was gonna be a wall but i let my mind loose and that happened.. Lol
I named him Leonardo.. Leo for short =)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150818_223541.jpg (25.2 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 20150818_231844.jpg (24.4 KB, 29 views)
Old 08-19-15, 03:14 PM   #15
reptiledude987

I think that the only thing that will get the glue off completly will be a full shed. The oil may help but i suspect there will still be some left. Just try to keep his conditions as good as you can and he should have a good shed.
1.1 Bredli Sarlacc/Rancor 0.1 Jungle carpet Shelia 0.1 hypo tangerine hondo amidala 0.1 ij carpet greedo 0.1 jag ij carpet maxine rebo 0.1 red western hognose gammorean 1.0 red tail boa boss nass 1.0 mbk Lando 1.0 asian vine higgins 0.1 asian vine wedge 1.0 cape file snake qui-gon jinn 0.1 checkered garter Doikk Na'ts 1.0 eastern garter Figrin D'an
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread