border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Boa Forums > Epicrates

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-15, 02:13 AM   #1
bigsnakegirl785

Sanji

I got this little male last October, but at the time I had planned on getting two BRBs, so I wanted to wait to introduce him until then. Well, I got the second snake I planned on, even though it wasn't a BRB. haha

He was born on August 1, 2014, and came to me at 40 grams and about 2 months old. He's now 71 grams, eating 5-7 gram fuzzy mice every 10 days. He came from a high red pairing, but is starting to turn out more of an orange color.

Humidity hasn't been as big of an issue as I thought it would be, and I've had nothing but perfect sheds from him. He's extremely laid back, he only bit me once, when I unboxed him. Other than that, he's never hissed, struck, or posed at me, although he has given little huffs if he's in shed or occasionally out of shed. He's also very active, exploring and climbing his vine at night, and quite often sleeps out in the open or on top of his vine. During the day, he's in one of his hides and may have his head out of the entrance of one of hides, so not shy at all either.

The day he arrived (he arrived in shed but still had a perfect shed a few days later):

And his size now:

And some other random photos. Some are phone photos and some are photos from my Canon.

Deep in shed, he looks like a ghost of a snake!

Old 04-05-15, 02:16 AM   #2
bigsnakegirl785

Re: Sanji

Pics continued!

He's been getting a lot lighter during his light phases lately, and nowadays even his head lightens up, whereas it used to stay dark.

Old 04-05-15, 05:02 AM   #3
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

Very nice!! Love his pattern, almost like somebody zipped him up wrong (with the spots not aligning ). I thought about naming my purple Sanji but went for Zuko because it sounded better with Xena.
Old 04-05-15, 10:55 PM   #4
bigsnakegirl785

I named him that because of his zig-zagged eyebrow. And yeah, I thought so, too, just makes him more interesting.
Old 04-06-15, 01:35 AM   #5
toddnbecka

Beautiful young rainbow, personally I like the oranges more than the high reds (in rainbow boas, lol.) So you've had him all this time and didn't tell us? Now that the secret is out you'll have to update your signature.
7.6.26 Dominican red mountain boas, 1.1 carpet pythons, 3 ATB, 1.1 climacophora, 1.1 Russian rats, 1.1 prasina, 1.1 speckled kings, 3.3.1 corns, 1.1.1 black rats, 1.1 savu, 1.1 Stimson's, 1 spotted python, 1.1 Boiga nigriceps, 3 Olive house snakes, 1 Sonoran mountain king, 0.1 Sinoloan milk snake, 1.1 Dione rat snake.
Login to remove ads
Old 04-06-15, 08:26 AM   #6
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddnbecka View Post
Beautiful young rainbow, personally I like the oranges more than the high reds (in rainbow boas, lol.) So you've had him all this time and didn't tell us? Now that the secret is out you'll have to update your signature.
I originally wanted to buy a male and female at the same time, but circumstances only allowed me to get one at the time. So I waited until I could get another one before I introduced him. I ended up getting a retic instead. haha So probably going to be my last addition for at least 1-2 years.
Old 04-07-15, 02:20 PM   #7
Snakesitter

Hi Sanji! You look great!
Website, Facebook
Old 04-12-15, 06:55 PM   #8
bigsnakegirl785

Here's a recent photo from a few days ago.

Old 04-12-15, 09:33 PM   #9
that1guy

I only clicked on this cause I wanted to see if you named him after Sanji from One Piece, given the eyebrow reference you take it you did. But you know, Sanji needs a lady, haha. Beautiful snake though. If you get a female what are you gonna name her?

I have a cat named Zoro, just felt like a sharing that.
Old 04-13-15, 01:49 PM   #10
Snakesitter

Sweet. :-)
Website, Facebook
Login to remove ads
Old 04-13-15, 10:09 PM   #11
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
I only clicked on this cause I wanted to see if you named him after Sanji from One Piece, given the eyebrow reference you take it you did. But you know, Sanji needs a lady, haha. Beautiful snake though. If you get a female what are you gonna name her?

I have a cat named Zoro, just felt like a sharing that.
I did, actually! haha

I was thinking about getting him a nice female, but at the moment I'm not really up to breeding so he's just going to be a pet.

As far as names, I wouldn't know until I met her!

Thanks for all the compliments everyone, he's a very lovely little guy if I do say so myself. (Definitely no bias here, nuh uh.)
Old 04-14-15, 05:59 PM   #12
bigsnakegirl785

This guy also has some insane white walls.

Old 04-20-15, 07:58 PM   #13
bigsnakegirl785

Well, Sanji's in shed again, which makes two snakes right now, as Bud is deep in shed.

Old 05-05-15, 09:03 PM   #14
bigsnakegirl785

He's about 80 grams last I weighed him, and I decided to take him out to let him crawl around and even gave him a chance in a tree. He didn't seem too big of a fan, though. He just sat there. haha It may be something for him to get used to, or maybe I should let him climb on his own next time.

He's turning a very...interesting color to say the least.

In the shade with his colors dulled....

How he looks in the sun. The green grass does weird things to his colors, this is actually accurate to how he looks in the sun and in the grass. He doesn't look as much like a badly-contrasted photo in my hands in the sun, and looks rather brown in the shade.

BRBs have some cool scales.
Old 05-06-15, 02:46 AM   #15
toddnbecka

Sanji is looking great, love the iridescence in the sunlight.
I was thinking about letting a couple of my DRMB's try out a tree, but given their preference for climbing I'm not sure it's wise, lol. I can just imagine myself standing there trying to figure out how to get a snake down out of a tree after it's climbed out of reach...
7.6.26 Dominican red mountain boas, 1.1 carpet pythons, 3 ATB, 1.1 climacophora, 1.1 Russian rats, 1.1 prasina, 1.1 speckled kings, 3.3.1 corns, 1.1.1 black rats, 1.1 savu, 1.1 Stimson's, 1 spotted python, 1.1 Boiga nigriceps, 3 Olive house snakes, 1 Sonoran mountain king, 0.1 Sinoloan milk snake, 1.1 Dione rat snake.
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread