border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-15, 03:36 AM   #1
rubixcube2808

Question New to reptiles - looking for help with lizards.

Hello!

I am new to reptiles and have been doing some online research to help me better understand lizards. I have a friend who has two bearded dragons which has lead to my desire to have my own scaly friend! I have spent time helping my friend take care of his dragons, but after doing some research online I've decided to get a Red Ackie. Unfortunately due to some small private issues, it will still be some time before I can actually get my new buddy... Until then, I would like to do as much research as possible on this specific breed of lizard so that when I am ready to get my new friend I will be able to take care of it properly and confidently. I have also seen quite a few other posts online saying to stay away from bigger "mainstream" pet stores because their reptiles are not always bread in captivity. Is there any truth to this? If so, are there any smaller stores that are more reptile oriented that have a good reputation? I live in Ohio and as far as getting an enclosure I would like to actually look at some in person to see how they are put together. I would also like to do some more investigating into the proper heating lamps I'm going to need. If you have any advice at all on enclosures, lamps, bedding, other cage accessories, and care of this breed of lizard please share the information! I also currently have an Old English Bulldog... Don't know if that would cause too many issues... She isn't a puppy but she has her days where she thinks she still is. She is very obedient and has done great with other dogs and some cats as far as being aggressive goes. Thank you for your time!
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread

Tags
care sheet, enclosures, lizard help, red ackie