border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Enclosure Creation Forums > Enclosure / Reptile Room Showcase

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-14, 04:36 AM   #1
serpentlucifer

Talking Unique and creative enclosures and decorations!

Hey guys! I was searching the threads, and I couldn't really find any forums about unique, weird, or creative enclosures. So could we have a thread for posting picture of hides, decorations, etc that's different or unique? I've heard of people making hides out of legos. I plan on posting some pics once I get my new baby milk snake's enclosure all set up in a couple of days!
Login to remove ads
Old 03-07-14, 06:46 AM   #2
Detroitboa13
Banned

Re: Unique and creative enclosures and decorations!

Very interesting user name choice.
Old 03-07-14, 07:22 AM   #3
Jim Smith

I 'm not sure how original it is, but I have a hide for one of my Honduran Milk snakes that I just "completed" that I think will look a bit different than most. I made it from a snapping turtle shell. It's about 9X10 inches and the opening that the former resident used is perfect for my snake to use as an entrance/exit.

For those who may be concerned, I did not kill a snapping turtle for this hide. I wouldn't do that, but I'm not above picking up a shell of a turtle that has met its demise to repurpose its shell. I can post a photo if anyone is interested.
Old 03-07-14, 08:06 AM   #4
Sharlynn93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Smith View Post
I 'm not sure how original it is, but I have a hide for one of my Honduran Milk snakes that I just "completed" that I think will look a bit different than most. I made it from a snapping turtle shell. It's about 9X10 inches and the opening that the former resident used is perfect for my snake to use as an entrance/exit.

For those who may be concerned, I did not kill a snapping turtle for this hide. I wouldn't do that, but I'm not above picking up a shell of a turtle that has met its demise to repurpose its shell. I can post a photo if anyone is interested.
I would love to see it! sounds pretty cool
Old 03-07-14, 08:15 AM   #5
sharthun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Smith View Post

Yeah very cool idea!

Steve
Login to remove ads
Old 03-07-14, 08:16 AM   #6
drumcrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharlynn93 View Post
i would love to see it! Sounds pretty cool :d
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharthun View Post
yeah very cool idea!
+1 !!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
creative, enclosures, hides, unique, weird