border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > New to the forum?

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-13, 08:58 PM   #1
Mrs. Falkner

Talking New and Obsessed!!!

I am a newbie to both the forum and to owning a snake. I bought what I was told was a corn snake, only to find out I actually had a Hypo Florida King snake. I have become obsessed with my little girl (Lucy)! I love her like a child and would not trade her for the world. I have had her for about a week and a half and am so in love! She likes to take naps either in my hand or in my hair (she has been known to nap in my hair for an hour at a time)! We are both slowly getting over our fear of each other together.
Login to remove ads
Old 09-18-13, 09:16 PM   #2
alessia55
Retired Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alessia55
Re: New and Obsessed!!!

Welcome to the forum! Please read our sSNAKESs forum rules.

Old 09-18-13, 09:20 PM   #3
sharthun

Hey and welcome! King snakes are cool!

Steve
Old 09-18-13, 09:33 PM   #4
Mikoh4792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Falkner View Post
I am a newbie to both the forum and to owning a snake. I bought what I was told was a corn snake, only to find out I actually had a Hypo Florida King snake. I have become obsessed with my little girl (Lucy)! I love her like a child and would not trade her for the world. I have had her for about a week and a half and am so in love! She likes to take naps either in my hand or in my hair (she has been known to nap in my hair for an hour at a time)! We are both slowly getting over our fear of each other together.
Welcome!

So you are saying if I came to your house with a billion dollars you would not trade her?
Old 09-18-13, 09:38 PM   #5
smy_749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikoh4792 View Post
Welcome!

So you are saying if I came to your house with a billion dollars you would not trade her?
The world doesn't have a price tag, and it would probably cost more than a billion. She specifically said " the world " ahaha

Welcome to the forums, we are all obsessed, we feel your pain.
Login to remove ads
Old 09-18-13, 09:48 PM   #6
Mrs. Falkner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikoh4792 View Post
Welcome!

I don't know about that! There is only 1 Lucy and even with a billion dollars I wouldn't be able to find another exactly like her!
Old 09-18-13, 09:51 PM   #7
smy_749

With the billion dollars you could prob have her cloned and have a few dollars left over, just sayin. Any pics of your hair accessory
Old 09-18-13, 09:53 PM   #8
Mikoh4792

Quote:
Originally Posted by smy_749 View Post
With the billion dollars you could prob have her cloned and have a few dollars left over, just sayin. Any pics of your hair accessory
Or buy an island, create your own artificial ecosystem with various kinds of reptiles and live with them forever.
Old 09-18-13, 10:00 PM   #9
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Warm welcome and best wishes Mrs. F.- I hope you enjoy the forum. There are some very helpful people here who share your obsession. Kingsnakes are amazing animals and definitely my favorite snakes. Keep a close eye on them though, theyre also great escape artists. Don't fall asleep with young Lucy in your hair : )
Old 09-18-13, 10:03 PM   #10
Mrs. Falkner

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
Warm welcome and best wishes Mrs. F.- I hope you enjoy the forum. There are some very helpful people here who share your obsession. Kingsnakes are amazing animals and definitely my favorite snakes. Keep a close eye on them though, theyre also great escape artists. Don't fall asleep with young Lucy in your hair : )
Lucy escaped on my for about 20 minutes today, she got out of the feeding tank and somehow wound up behind a picture on my wall. Luckily we were able to find her and she is happily snoozing away in a Lego house I built for her!!!

I am trying to get a picture of her on here, but for some reason it is not letting me...
Login to remove ads
Old 09-18-13, 10:15 PM   #11
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Falkner View Post
Lucy escaped on my for about 20 minutes today, she got out of the feeding tank and somehow wound up behind a picture on my wall. Luckily we were able to find her and she is happily snoozing away in a Lego house I built for her!!!

I am trying to get a picture of her on here, but for some reason it is not letting me...
Im glad she didnt get far. They can get lost for months and sometimes forever so keep her secured. You obviously care about her a lot. I wish I could build a Lego house for my critters. I think you have to have like 5 or so posts before you can post pictures but we cant wait to see them : )
Old 09-18-13, 10:24 PM   #12
Mrs. Falkner

I uploaded a picture of her to the photo album. She has a little lego cabin that she is snoozing in now. And we decided to do holiday themes in her tank so right now her tank is set up with Halloween stuff, we kept her hide and water bowls in there and just added some halloween decor to the tank! It actually looks really good. The hides will stay no matter what theme she has going on so she doesn't get too stressed out!
Old 09-18-13, 11:50 PM   #13
sweatshirt

Heya and welcome
Old 09-19-13, 06:59 AM   #14
Lankyrob
Non Carborundum Illegitimi

Welcome to the jungle
Old 09-19-13, 07:06 AM   #15
drumcrush