border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > All Other Herp Forums > Aquatic forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-11, 06:04 PM   #38
mistersprinkles

Re: Fish!

Also my recommended diet for angels commercial diet wise if you're still reading -

60% New Life Spectrum discus (amino acids and lots of omega 3. Angels have a lot of fatty tissue.

30% dainichi veggie deluxe or veggie FX (contains a lot of montmiliorite clay and beneficial cultures. The high fiber level is good for digestion and there are a lot of natural color enhancers. As you can't keep angels in the sun in Chicago you'll need caretenoids and friends to keep your colors bright.

for the other 10%, a mixture of mysis shrimp and baby guppies or mosquito fish is best. The easiest way to do this is to simply keep the angels with a group of mosquito fish. They're too small to eat their eggs and they breed like rabbits. All you need is a planted clump in a corner. The adults wont be harassed only the babies. Feeding live food is a bit iffy as far as I'm concerned conscience wise but my lizard eats crickets...

Whatever you do, don't let your angelfish manipulate you. They're very smart. They want their food presoaked to soften, they only want food that tastes good, they want you to keep out of their half of the tank when they pair, etc etc. They will try to manipulate you by refusing to eat infront of you unless you soften their food, turning their back when they see a container of food they don't like, and so on. Don't fall for it. They're like parrots. Once they know they have you wrapped around their fin youll stay there. The female in the angel pair on page 1 only ate Omega 1 shrimp pellets, and only if they were pre softened. Anything else had to be whole baby shrimp or fish.