border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Boa Forums > Epicrates

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-16, 02:20 PM   #106
Snakesitter

Re: Sanji

My note was based on the fact you'd said you were worried adult mice were too big -- in other words, hoppers as a bridge measure. Id you are comfortable with adults every other time, then go for it!

Looking good as always!

Backup batteries are key. ;-)
Website, Facebook
Old 03-14-16, 08:22 PM   #107
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesitter View Post
My note was based on the fact you'd said you were worried adult mice were too big -- in other words, hoppers as a bridge measure. Id you are comfortable with adults every other time, then go for it!

Looking good as always!

Backup batteries are key. ;-)
He's growing pretty well lately, so I think he can handle it every other time, even if he can't do it every feeding. He's still gangly, no matter how much food he eats he just stays a gangly teenager. lol He's gotten more girth lately, but the new girl Homura has more girth, proportionately, than he does. I'd say his girth is equal to or a little bit more than Morzan's, proportionate to his body. Leaning towards slightly more girth.

He weighed in at 186 grams today!

He's starting to actually look his size lately. :P

Also, apparently I forgot this one from the other day! Whoops.

Old 03-16-16, 01:49 PM   #108
Snakesitter

Good news!
Website, Facebook
Old 03-30-16, 11:32 PM   #109
bigsnakegirl785

Poor Sanji's not looking his best. :P I lifted him out to dampen his moss, but left him in his hide because he's being especially pissy during this shed, and I figured leaving him in his hide would make him more comfy. But he's also spilling out the sides. :P The other hides are larger than this one, and he still fits, but I might go ahead and take the big red hide out of Morzan's tub, and put this one in his. After deeply sanitizing of course.

Old 04-04-16, 10:05 PM   #110
bigsnakegirl785

Well he shed the other day and was looking especially iridescent! And his skin was being extra vibrate-y. I'm not sure how else to describe it, his scales are super smooth, but when you rub them, you can feel almost a vibration on your fingertips. Reminds me of velvet. The other two rainbows don't feel this way.

I finally got my Canon Rebel t3i! These photos are among the first I took with it.

Just look at that shine! The way his iridescence looks is like the visual representation of what his skin feels like.

Old 04-07-16, 09:49 PM   #111
bigsnakegirl785

I weighed Sanji today at 195 grams, but I don't think he's empty yet, so he's probably still around 186 grams. Still, it shouldn't be too much longer before he breaks 200 grams!

I managed to trick him into stretching out along the lip of the wall trimming, and he's 3' now! I can barely hold him in two hands now, I'm not able to completely cover him with two hands anymore.

Old 04-10-16, 04:02 AM   #112
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

he's looking good
Old 04-10-16, 11:31 AM   #113
macandchz

sanji is growing fast. you can really see her colors when she's lying on the grass. looks like there is a lot of lavender there.
Old 05-01-16, 06:57 PM   #114
bigsnakegirl785

Sanji has officially been moved onto just adult mice, with no more hoppers. I've been thinking of trying him on a jumbo mouse to see if he's ready for me to move him to rats, but his small girth has me really thinking about not doing that quite yet. I will probably need to bump Nymeria to rats soon, so I'll just wait until I get her rats in and compare them to his girth.

He weighed in at 215 grams a few days ago. This is with a mouse in his belly, but that still means he's over the 200 gram mark! He's looking bigger by the day it seems.

I turned my hand so that I could get a better angle with the camera, and he held his position long enough for me to get a photo.

His sides were also so dark that I was calling them black walls. lol They're not usually this dark, but it looked like two black strips going down his sides.

Old 05-03-16, 09:56 AM   #115
macandchz

love the pix in the tree. what a beautiful snake!
Login to remove ads
Old 05-03-16, 10:57 AM   #116
bigsnakegirl785

He took a poop last night and weighed 205 grams. I'm definitely waiting on upping his prey size, I figure it's best to wait until Nymeria is big enough for rats and comparing than trying him on a prey size I'm almost certain is too big right now. Him and Nymeria are only grams away from each other's weight but she's much girthier despite him being ~7" longer than her, so I'm more comfortable trying to up her prey size before him. Plus, he's much older than her and has a slightly slower metabolism so it's best not to pump him full of food.
Old 05-03-16, 01:59 PM   #117
Snakesitter

They start to grow fast once they hit "adolescence." Love the shot in the grass. Good call on being conservative with food...they live much longer and healthier lives that way!
Website, Facebook
Old 05-03-16, 09:17 PM   #118
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesitter View Post
They start to grow fast once they hit "adolescence." Love the shot in the grass. Good call on being conservative with food...they live much longer and healthier lives that way!
Yes, they do! I'm quite conservative with my snakes, moreso than most, after overfeeding Cloud due to ignorance I've been a lot more careful how I feed my snakes. My main worry is knowing whether or not to get him on rats yet....but I figured there's no need to do that if Nymeria is getting rats soon. lol She took a jumbo mouse quite well, and although the bulge was bigger than I'd usually like to see, it wasn't huge by any means. I'll be staggering her with adult mice and jumbos like before with Sanji, and once she's on jumbos only I'll order some weaned rats. They're slightly bigger in overall size, but the closest equivalent so they should last her awhile and I'll have them on hand for when Sanji is ready.

If he keeps growing like this, he may actually be big enough to go into his T12 by fall!
Old 05-12-16, 05:23 PM   #119
bigsnakegirl785

Some photos from a few days ago. He looks like he's getting bigger by the day!

Old 07-19-16, 09:47 PM   #120
bigsnakegirl785

Sanji has grown so much, he's now officially been bumped up to jumbo mice! 2 days later, and the bulge was gone, so I think he can handle it.

I've also switched his and Morzan's tubs around since Morzan doesn't need all that extra space and Sanji definitely does. Another foot and he should be big enough for his own 4'x2', he just looks so tiny and noodly in one right now.

From an hour or two after eating, the bulge was small enough I'm comfortable going ahead and moving him up.

2 days later.

Closed Thread