border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Boa Forums > Epicrates

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-16, 12:51 AM   #91
dannybgoode

Re: Sanji

He's coming on nicely bsg. When we move house and I have my man cave, so long as it's a separate out building Mrs danny has said I can get more snakes and a BRB is right up there on the list.

I'm thinking of a collection of various boa localities but may have to pollute it with a couple of pythons and other misc snakes.
0.1 B imperator, 1.0 M spilota harrisoni, 1.0 C hortulanus, 2.1 P reticulatus (Madu locality), 1.1 S amethystine, 1.1 L olivaceous, 1.0 C angulifer, 1.0 Z persicus, 0.1 P regius, 0.1 N natrix, 0.1 E climacophora, 1.0 P obsoletus, 0.1 L geluta nigrtia, 1.0 P catenifer sayi, 1.0 T lepidus
Old 02-19-16, 12:54 PM   #92
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybgoode View Post
He's coming on nicely bsg. When we move house and I have my man cave, so long as it's a separate out building Mrs danny has said I can get more snakes and a BRB is right up there on the list.

I'm thinking of a collection of various boa localities but may have to pollute it with a couple of pythons and other misc snakes.
Thanks! These guys are such slow growers, similar to boa constrictors, but their thinness makes them seem so much smaller, and thus makes it seem it's taking even longer. haha He's a good foot longer than my sunglow boa, but their girths are fairly comparable, with the sunglow having a slightly bigger girth.

I think my house is going to be filled with rainbow boas and boa constrictors at this point. lol With the 2 BRBs coming in, I'll have 3, and I plan on getting a snow boa this year or next year, so my BRB and boa constrictor numbers are going to be neck and neck.

They're a great species, so I definitely advise you to get a few (or more).
Old 02-19-16, 10:45 PM   #93
macandchz

sanji is absolutely beautiful!
Old 02-19-16, 11:09 PM   #94
bigsnakegirl785

Well he shed today, and weighed in at 161 grams after a poop. He was in blue like yesterday. Or the day before, and he's already shed. It boggles my mind.
Old 02-27-16, 03:00 AM   #95
bigsnakegirl785

He's been officially moved up to adult mice! I didn't get any photos of him in action since I wanted to get everyone fed, but here's a post feed photo.

I'll have to try to get a photo of the bulge next time, but I honestly think he's big enough that I shouldn't have to stagger hopper mice in between feedings, but I'm also feeding off the smallest adult mice first to get them out of the way. The one I fed him this time was small enough I may try a bigger one next time.
Old 02-27-16, 04:09 AM   #96
Herpo

He's awesome, very jealous!

Follow his progress HERE
Old 02-29-16, 02:55 PM   #97
Snakesitter

Congrats! Big boy now. ;-)
Website, Facebook
Old 03-07-16, 10:25 PM   #98
bigsnakegirl785

Well, I ended up feeding him one of the larger adult mice, and it seems that those are a bit large. So, for now, I think I'll stagger him out with some hoppers after all.

The bulge doesn't stand out from his body, but I saw similar bulges when I fed jumbo-sized rats to my BCI when he should have still been on mediums. It's also more noticeable in person, but it's hard to find good angles and still have the snake look positioned right in the photo. lol

And then I moved his hide out of the way.

That whole top coil is his bulge, I assume he's being weird like this because it wasn't comfortable to lay on top of it. Then again, BRBs are just weird in general.

Old 03-08-16, 03:59 AM   #99
Albert Clark

Terrific looking reptile! Keep up the good work with him and all the others. Lol.
Old 03-08-16, 10:40 AM   #100
macandchz

love the picture in the tree. you are lucky he didn't try to climb higher! firefighters in california had to rescue one a little while ago.
Login to remove ads
Old 03-08-16, 11:58 AM   #101
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Originally Posted by macandchz View Post
love the picture in the tree. you are lucky he didn't try to climb higher! firefighters in california had to rescue one a little while ago.
Well, that tree was easy enough to climb, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to let him test it out. He didn't like it though. haha

I try not to let my snakes in trees that I couldn't easily climb to get them out of.
Old 03-08-16, 03:16 PM   #102
Snakesitter

^^ LOL. Good call on being cautious with the prey size.
Website, Facebook
Old 03-08-16, 04:48 PM   #103
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesitter View Post
^^ LOL. Good call on being cautious with the prey size.
Yeah I figured he was too small, which is why it took me so long to move him up, and looks like he's still too small for all but the smallest of the adult mice. lol If the bulge is gone tomorrow, I'll give him 2 weeks since feeding day and offer a hopper, if it's still there, I'll give him an extra week and offer a hopper.

He's too big for hoppers, but too small for adult mice. It's a conundrum. lol Hopefully he'll grow quickly into them now that he's getting one every other feeding.
Old 03-09-16, 03:20 PM   #104
Snakesitter

I often offer two hoppers a sitting in these cases.
Website, Facebook
Old 03-10-16, 04:01 PM   #105
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesitter View Post
I often offer two hoppers a sitting in these cases.
I think I'll stick to one at a time now that he's getting an adult mouse every other feeding, I was doing that for a short while when all I had were hoppers.

There was terrible lighting today because I fell asleep as soon as I got home, so the evening sunlight wasn't good for picture taking, but I managed to get Nymeria and Sanji out before the camera battery died. I think we really need to get a back up battery or two.

Closed Thread