Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Boa Forums > Epicrates

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-16, 11:29 PM   #76
havoc_vulture

Re: Sanji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesitter View Post
They're gorgeous, Havoc. You won't be disappointed if you move forward. Let me know if you have any questions about them....
Thanks! I certainly will keep you in mind once I'm ready
Old 01-05-16, 07:41 AM   #77
Albert Clark

Amazing how the iridescence just jumps out at you. Real prizes they are. Congrats.
Old 01-06-16, 03:15 PM   #78
Snakesitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc_vulture View Post
Thanks! I certainly will keep you in mind once I'm ready
Thank you. :-)
Website, Facebook
Old 01-13-16, 03:53 PM   #79
Jocarp

Sanji looks great! I've really enjoyed reading your thread and following him! I lost my BRB, Daisy, about 9 years ago and now I'm trying to convince my wife that its time for another. She's pretty opposed to snakes, but I was able to convince her about the panther chameleon after she saw one in person so maybe that's the best route to go???

Thanks for sharing Sanji and posting so much about his development!!!
Old 01-14-16, 02:52 PM   #80
Snakesitter

Baby picts. Go with baby picts. There are many good ones here, especially in litter threads. There are more on our Facebook page if it helps. Good luck!
Website, Facebook
Login to remove ads
Old 01-14-16, 07:42 PM   #81
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocarp View Post
Sanji looks great! I've really enjoyed reading your thread and following him! I lost my BRB, Daisy, about 9 years ago and now I'm trying to convince my wife that its time for another. She's pretty opposed to snakes, but I was able to convince her about the panther chameleon after she saw one in person so maybe that's the best route to go???

Thanks for sharing Sanji and posting so much about his development!!!
No problem! He's still got a long way to go, so look forward to even more in the future.

It won't be for awhile, but I'm also awaiting two new arrivals from the same breeder in the wake of my recent loss. Be sure to be on a look-out for them as well. I wouldn't expect anything until March or later, though, as the weather is crazy here and I don't want to chance anything. Not sure if I'll make separate posts or put them together in one thread yet. I'm leaning more towards individual threads to keep their progress separate.
Old 01-28-16, 09:46 PM   #82
bigsnakegirl785

Sanji also got the DSLR treatment. I don't like how most of them turned out, his colors turned out mostly wrong, but these ones are pretty decent.

This one's my favorite. :P I flipped him over and he just sat there for several seconds, perfect opportunity to catch the derp in action.

I don't like how his face is out of focus, but the white spots on his nose that he gets when he white walls makes him look like he has angry eyebrows. lol

Old 02-10-16, 11:08 PM   #83
bigsnakegirl785

Sanji is right around 160 grams, he came out to 170 grams today, but he's got two hoppers in his belly. He's getting mouse hoppers doubled up until I order my shipment next Friday, and then he'll be started on adult mice.

Here are some photos from feeding day.

The weird stretching he decided to do. He struck at the mouse upside down and then wrapped, but then didn't want to fall over I guess. It was weird to see his chin as he flew across the bedding at the mouse. lol

....And then he ate it folded in half. >.>

...Which left a slight bulge.

Onto the second one.

Old 02-10-16, 11:14 PM   #84
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

He's looking great BSG. What substrate are you using?
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 02-10-16, 11:20 PM   #85
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Ziggy View Post
He's looking great BSG. What substrate are you using?
Sphagnum moss. I tried EcoEarth the first month or two I had him, but all it did was mold so I switched to moss. Unfortunately, heat tape doesn't heat the bedding enough to allow the moisture to escape before it becomes a mold carpet. The moss is light and airy enough it dries out at room temp.

When he's moved into his T12, he'll get EcoEarth as he'll be heated with an RHP rather than heat tape. He's still a tiny guy yet, though, so it might be a long time before he's ready to be moved. He'll get River's T12 when she gets moved to her 6'x2'.
Old 02-10-16, 11:58 PM   #86
Herpo

He's beautiful! Nice job!
Old 02-11-16, 10:00 AM   #87
CWilson

He is gorgeous! I wish my girl would hold still long enough for more photos like you have. She is always on the move when I bring her out.
Old 02-11-16, 03:05 PM   #88
Snakesitter

Good work! Be careful with the transition to adult mice....I'd alternate for a few weeks.
Website, Facebook
Old 02-11-16, 03:32 PM   #89
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesitter View Post
Good work! Be careful with the transition to adult mice....I'd alternate for a few weeks.
No worries! Nymeria is probably going to be on hoppers for awhile yet. I'll be trying her on adult mice as well, but regardless of if she's ready or not I'm ordering hoppers as well as adult mice, so I can easily alternate. The newcomers will also probably be eating hoppers as well, so I'll be ordering a couple packs of hopper mice, and one pack of fuzzies just in case. They'll be around 8-9 months by then, though, so I'd assume they'll be ready for hoppers, that's around the age I bumped Sanji.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWilson View Post
He is gorgeous! I wish my girl would hold still long enough for more photos like you have. She is always on the move when I bring her out.
He loves to ball up, and flash really helps. Flash is invaluable when it comes to freezing motion, but I try to give lots of space between me and the snakes when I use flash so it doesn't blind them. I just open my camera's lens to the widest setting, so I can offer more space to the snakes.

But Sanji has always been a slow, deliberate mover, even when I first got him from Dave. The late Guin was a different story. haha She'd take an hour to stop staring me down, but once she decided I wasn't trying to eat her she'd speed off doing her own thing. We'll see how the new guys act when they arrive (hopefully next month if it warms up reliably by then).
Old 02-18-16, 09:15 PM   #90
bigsnakegirl785

Sanji is in shed again, so he'll be missing this week's feeding, and may be late next week.

Here he is, sulking in his moss. He prefers his moss over his water dish, I've only seen him in his water dish twice and those were both after a meal. (The moss is stuck to the bottom of his water dish in case you're wondering, he likes to crawl under it.)

I took him out to weigh him and to look through his bedding for poo and see whether or not his moss needed dampened. I didn't leave him in there, because my meddling would probably have put him on edge, and I want to get a before and after weight for his shed. Right now he's 170 grams, 9 days after his last meal.

And putting him back in.
Closed Thread