Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Boa Forums > Epicrates

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-15, 08:50 PM   #61
bigsnakegirl785

Re: Sanji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesitter View Post
Looking good as always, bigsnakegirl! They can be a tricky species to photograph -- capturing both accurate color and iridescence is tough.
Indeed! Though to be fair I've captured colors pretty well on many occasions, but I have yet to find a camera, angle, or lighting to capture more than just a fraction of their iridescence.
Old 11-10-15, 12:55 AM   #62
toddnbecka

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsnakegirl785 View Post
Indeed! Though to be fair I've captured colors pretty well on many occasions, but I have yet to find a camera, angle, or lighting to capture more than just a fraction of their iridescence.
That's why one really needs to keep a BRB, to properly admire and appreciate their beauty.
7.6.26 Dominican red mountain boas, 1.1 carpet pythons, 3 ATB, 1.1 climacophora, 1.1 Russian rats, 1.1 prasina, 1.1 speckled kings, 3.3.1 corns, 1.1.1 black rats, 1.1 savu, 1.1 Stimson's, 1 spotted python, 1.1 Boiga nigriceps, 3 Olive house snakes, 1 Sonoran mountain king, 0.1 Sinoloan milk snake, 1.1 Dione rat snake.
Old 11-10-15, 07:44 AM   #63
Pareeeee
Forum Moderator

Beautiful snake and excellent photos! Really is quite pretty.
Instagram: pareeeee17
Old 11-10-15, 10:58 PM   #64
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddnbecka View Post
That's why one really needs to keep a BRB, to properly admire and appreciate their beauty.
Agreed! Photos can sometimes do them an injustice. haha
Old 11-13-15, 03:28 PM   #65
Snakesitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddnbecka View Post
Here here!

Except for the "a" part. ;-)
Website, Facebook
Login to remove ads
Old 11-17-15, 07:29 AM   #66
bigsnakegirl785

I think Sanji's starting to barely fit in my hand. lol He's hanging over the edge.

And today's feeding.

He's on the list to be weighed once he digests his meal as well. Actually, I think it's safe to say just about everybody's due to be weighed.
Old 12-24-15, 10:41 PM   #67
bigsnakegirl785

At his last weigh-in he weighed 156 grams, and is currently deep in shed. I expect him to be 10-20 grams lighter once he comes out of shed since I don't offer food and he usually loses 8-10 grams after he defecates, but he should be back up around there again pretty quickly.

He's still eating hoppers, but I'll be ordering some adult mice in the next few weeks, after he eats another meal or two. There's a big jump from hopper mice to adult mice, because Big Cheese doesn't have an intermediate size and there's a wider range of weights for adult mice vs. hoppers. So I want to be sure he can handle the median range with ease, and seems about ready.

My ball python - er, I mean my Brazilian rainbow boa. haha

Old 12-28-15, 03:07 PM   #68
Snakesitter

They do a good ball impression. ;-)

Suggestion: after you offer him his first adult mouse, alternate adults and hoppers for a month to ease the size transition.
Website, Facebook
Old 12-28-15, 10:03 PM   #69
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
They do a good ball impression. ;-)

Suggestion: after you offer him his first adult mouse, alternate adults and hoppers for a month to ease the size transition.
I may do that, thanks for the suggestion. I may go ahead and put him back on a bi-weekly schedule once he's on strictly adult mice as well. They've got some fat on them, and he'll probably be 18-19 months old by then, so he'll have reached the 1.5 year old mark.

He's been so gangly most of his life, it's so weird seeing him finally start to fill in. lol Haven't really increased his food intake, either. I only had him on bi-weekly for a short amount of time, he's mostly been fed on 7-10 day schedule, which is what he's on now. I guess he's starting to grow up. :P
Old 12-30-15, 07:27 PM   #70
Snakesitter

They reach a certain point in adolescence and start to grow fast. Just like kids, I guess. ;-)
Website, Facebook
Login to remove ads
Old 01-01-16, 10:32 AM   #71
havoc_vulture

Beautiful snake, I've been looking into these. Their colors are amazing in person.
Old 01-01-16, 09:49 PM   #72
Lefitte

So pretty!
Old 01-04-16, 03:24 PM   #73
Snakesitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc_vulture View Post
Beautiful snake, I've been looking into these. Their colors are amazing in person.
They're gorgeous, Havoc. You won't be disappointed if you move forward. Let me know if you have any questions about them....
Website, Facebook
Old 01-04-16, 08:13 PM   #74
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
They're gorgeous, Havoc. You won't be disappointed if you move forward. Let me know if you have any questions about them....
Agreed! I think my favorite thing about them, aside from their iridescence and colors, is just how soft and smooth their scales are. They feel so different from all my other snakes, smooth like glass. Babies have this weird almost felt-like feel. Whenever they rub their scales together you can feel the whole snake vibrate, idk how to explain it well but it's very odd.

Sanji shed last week and I gave him a hopper, he weighed in at 138 grams after his shed, so he got lighter, as I expected. It's strange how much lighter snakes get after they shed, and I know he was empty at the beginning of his shed. He definitely didn't defecate recently, either, it's just something I notice with all my snakes, and since I don't feed in shed nobody defecates while shedding. A meal or two should bring him back up to where he was.

I'm about to use the last of my mouse pinks as well, so I think I'll stop by the pet store and pick up some adult mice and some pinks to hold Demigod and Sanji over. I want to buy all the rodents I need together, and I still have another 3-4 weeks' worth of small rats for River to truck through. Everybody else has enough food for several months.
Old 01-04-16, 09:25 PM   #75
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

He looks great BSG.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread