Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Lizard Forums > Pogona Vitticeps

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-13, 06:55 PM   #16
murrindindi

Re: Bearded dragon venom, illegal collection from wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxzoofrank View Post
I do have access to such people, and suggested a source to poster, who did not mention his/her affiliations or whether he/she had such people to contact. I stated that I was not an expert in taxonomy, and, judging from the posted comments, did not imagine that the poster was either, but apologized in advance if s/he was. I've no desire to deal with the defensiveness shown here, i.e. -assuming above to be condescending, the nasty tone of many comments, and especially the quick and frequent resorting of some to personal characterizations (i.e. stubborn) (something I've not encountered elsewhere). You can leave or delete posts as you or whomever sees fit.

You are the one offering careguides which contain inaccurate information.
No, I`m not an "expert" on taxonomy, but I have at least done some research on the subject recently, clearly you have not.
Old 02-08-13, 07:00 PM   #17
bronxzoofrank
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernalis View Post
Citation of sources is standard practices Frank, care to cite your sources?

It seems a pity that peer reviewing is not accepted, or at least challenged seemingly every time rather than accepted with grace.

As you may or may not be aware, I publish care guides myself, and when my peers find an error or misconception, omission or even a grammatical error, I accept said criticisms, and make changes as needed.

I have been following your posting on here closely, and I get the feel that you (apparently) are unwilling to accept such criticisms without aggressive rebuttal, Such rebuttal would be solidified by citation of sources.
I cite when appropriate, have written 5 books and many peer-reviewed articles and am well able to discern when such is necessary; I see no need to cite here, where I did see a need I posted a note that I would get back to folks if I was able. Otherwise folks can accept or reject, post opinions, ask ques, etc. Aggression is an odd word to use, all things considered...I've experienced similar attitudes when posting on this site in the venomous forum..not from everyone, by any means, but enough that I had to rely on moderators to delete posts, explain over and over the reasons that venomous snakes do not belong in private collections, etc...in any event, i have neither the time nor patience for this sort of exchange, or similar, and will not be participating further.
Old 02-08-13, 07:22 PM   #18
KORBIN5895
Village Idiot

Quote:
I cite when appropriate, have written 5 books and many peer-reviewed articles and am well able to discern when such is necessary; I see no need to cite here, where I did see a need I posted a note that I would get back to folks if I was able. Otherwise folks can accept or reject, post opinions, ask ques, etc. Aggression is an odd word to use, all things considered...I've experienced similar attitudes when posting on this site in the venomous forum..not from everyone, by any means, but enough that I had to rely on moderators to delete posts, explain over and over the reasons that venomous snakes do not belong in private collections, etc...in any event, i have neither the time nor patience for this sort of exchange, or similar, and will not be participating further.
May I ask the subject matter of your books?
Old 02-08-13, 08:19 PM   #19
infernalis

BARNES & NOBLE | frank indiviglio

Amazon.com: frank indiviglio

Savannahmonitor.net
Old 02-08-13, 08:35 PM   #20
infernalis

Quote:
I cite when appropriate, have written 5 books and many peer-reviewed articles and am well able to discern when such is necessary;.
This once again sounds condescending, I would like to point out that several of the people who have challenged your views are also accomplished authors, who have published books that are pertinent to the subject matter being questioned.

Savannahmonitor.net
Login to remove ads
Old 02-09-13, 10:59 AM   #21
Donnie

It's a shame Frank won't be posting again as I am sure he has still got lots of great information to pass onto people. It is a bigger shame that he was unable to listen to advice passed to him and try and learn himself.
Old 02-09-13, 11:08 AM   #22
TheSnakeChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
It's a shame Frank won't be posting again as I am sure he has still got lots of great information to pass onto people. It is a bigger shame that he was unable to listen to advice passed to him and try and learn himself.
some people are like that sadly, they think they know everything, and hate being told they're wrong, I'm not calling him an egotistical guy, but...seriously, if you're going to be on a snake forum you should expect people to tell you stuff you may not know or may have heard differently, but it doesn't mean you should go: NO YOU'RE WRONG CUZ I WROTE BOOKS AND blah blah, if you bother posting at all on a forum...you really should expect to get some criticisms and different opinions, heck...that's the way life works in general, we're human, we learn new information every day, and when it comes to our reptile friends and how to care for them, we should accept that we don't always share the same methods or opinions on how to provide husbandry, and should be open to ideas for the good of our scaley friends' health and lives.
Closed Thread

Tags
bearded dragon habits, venom