border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-17, 02:14 PM   #16
regi375

Re: What is on your wishlist?

There's several snakes on my wish list. The first being an Amazon Tree Boa. I saw one at a pet shop and wanted one ever since. Just absolutely love the coloring on them. Another would be a Reticulated Python, but in Ohio I have to have a permit to own one.
Old 02-27-17, 02:34 PM   #17
akane

Reticulated, burmese, and rock pythons are considered under the dangerous animal laws in this city.
Old 02-27-17, 02:37 PM   #18
RAD House

To be perfectly honest I am pretty happy where my collection is currently. It is a strange feeling. The next few things on my list I will be able to produce myself hopefully. Some time down the line I hope to get my hands on a pair of Boelen's pythons. Right now I am pretty short on space and money.
Old 02-27-17, 05:10 PM   #19
Roman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD View Post
... The other would be Gonyosoma oxycephalum... beautiful snake, but they are big and bad tempered so I've heard. I don't mind snakes with an attitude, but I heard these guys can be pretty insane and like to bite you in your face instead of hand.
I don’t know where you heard this, but it is exaggerated. Arboreal snakes in general tend to be more prone to bite then terrestrial snakes, but they are not just waiting to bite you. My Gonyosoma oxycephalum are active and curious, so they usually come to have a look as soon as you open the door of the enclosure. They watch you doing maintenance and sometimes they decide to go for a walk outside. In my experience they are sometimes a little unpredictable and might bite you without any apparent reason in a situation they did never bite before. But this is just that, a harmless bite, a little blood and that’s all. Just make sure to get cb animals, wc are 90% death candidates.

Gonyosoma oxycephalum

My wishlist would be to complement my existing snakes, especially a female Spilotes sulphureus.

Roman
Old 02-28-17, 03:48 AM   #20
afsgr88

Eastern Indigo Snake (black-head) and a Red-tailed Boa

1.0 Albino Burmese Python (Lotan) ☆ 0.1 BCI (Nagini) ☆ 1.0 Continental Bulldog (Bundy) ☆ 1.0 Boyfriend
Login to remove ads
Old 02-28-17, 09:23 AM   #21
Andy_G
Forum Moderator

Boelen's Python. Everything else that I want is obtainable in time...boeleni isn't just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD View Post

For joke I wanted to reply with an add for Candi, I was sure to find a few on the internets. Apparently there's a male stripper going by Candi...

Aaron wants to know if he's blonde...
Old 02-28-17, 03:36 PM   #22
TRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
snip
Thanks. TBH I only heard from hearsay and read on forums/websites. I have no previous experience with this species but they fascinate me. But I have to take into account other inhabitants in this house who do not like any animal with any aggressive tendencies... I personally don't care and in my experience when you confidently grab any smaller animal that is afraid, it may bite you the first 1-2 times, but if you don't let go and stay calm, this behavior is easily mitigated. Of course with bigger things you need to take care, grabbing a large defensive constrictor or tailing a beauty snake, even if confident, might not be your best day
Old 02-28-17, 08:13 PM   #23
Klinger

I would love a False Water Cobra, but do not have the space/finances to keep another reptile yet. That's just fine, because I can research the heck out of them before I get one. IMHO that's the best way to get a new snake.
Old 02-28-17, 11:23 PM   #24
Scubadiver59

Was going to say Carpet Python...but now? Going gaga over the iridescent scales!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_G View Post
Boelen's Python. Everything else that I want is obtainable in time...boeleni isn't just yet.

Aaron wants to know if he's blonde...
Old 03-01-17, 07:08 AM   #25
trailblazer295

With my upcoming addition I'm pretty happy with my well rounded collection. Sure I see stuff that is nice but in terms of "oh I have to have/really really want that" that has passed for now. Now I'm more focused on as elaborate enriching enclosures for my snakes. For now it's good to be happily content.
Old 03-02-17, 07:09 PM   #26
Cricket1234

An Indigo Snake for sure. Beautiful snakes with a decent size, but sadly looks like it is only one snake for now.
Old 03-02-17, 10:51 PM   #27
GyGbeetle

Send a message via Yahoo to GyGbeetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailblazer295 View Post
With my upcoming addition I'm pretty happy with my well rounded collection. Sure I see stuff that is nice but in terms of "oh I have to have/really really want that" that has passed for now. Now I'm more focused on as elaborate enriching enclosures for my snakes. For now it's good to be happily content.
I'd love to hear what everyone's wishlist enclosure/viv setup would be. That would be cool to know too

But if anyone asks, I only have 1. The rest just showed up for the house party.
Old 03-03-17, 06:18 AM   #28
trailblazer295

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyGbeetle View Post
I'd love to hear what everyone's wishlist enclosure/viv setup would be. That would be cool to know too
There is a thread somewhere of my reptile room.
Old 03-03-17, 08:56 AM   #29
eminart

WISH list:
Crotalus horridus (timber rattler)

Happening Soon List:
Spilotes pullatus (tiger rat snake) pair

Back Up Happening Soon List if I end up broke this summer:
Coluber constrictor (black racer) juvie pair

I used to have a list a mile long of snakes I wanted. But, the longer I do this, the more I pare it down to just a few snakes that I'm really interested in keeping. I love all snakes, but no longer feel the need to have one of everything - just one of several things.
“...the old ones ... knew in their bones... that death exists, that all life kills to eat, that all lives end, that energy goes on. They knew that humans are participants, not spectators.” -- Stephen Bodio, On the Edge of the Wild
Old 03-12-17, 08:19 PM   #30
LISA127

Send a message via Yahoo to LISA127

To be honest, I don't know! It's been years since I've kept snakes. I've been keeping g only lizards and chelonians for a while now. I miss snakes but since I can't decide I'm still without any!
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread