border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-15, 12:09 PM   #16
trailblazer295

Re: What does snake keeping say about us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManSlaughter33 View Post
Get a cornsnake then tell me they dont smell LOL

It's not the snake that people question me about, it's the subject of HOW MANY...

and when I get a new one they go "ANOTHER ONE!?"

or "what if it escapes and kills someone"... my ball python falls off the couch... real killer
You miss like to live dangerously. One false move and a few hours and that's it your sock might be killed.
Old 08-18-15, 12:19 PM   #17
ManSlaughter33

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailblazer295 View Post
You miss like to live dangerously. One false move and a few hours and that's it your sock might be killed.
"I aint afraid of no thing" .. pretty sure she would get her head stuck then just sit there and wait to be rescued.
Old 08-18-15, 12:29 PM   #18
trailblazer295

Quote:
"I aint afraid of no thing" .. pretty sure she would get her head stuck then just sit there and wait to be rescued.
LOL that's funny, for an animal that isn't supposed to like interactions it's smart enough to know help comes to those who wait.
Old 08-18-15, 12:56 PM   #19
Wingbeats

People talk about snake smells and I've never noticed it, haha. Even when Chaska poops, her cage just smells like damp cypress mulch. I have to check each day to see if I need to clean, or I'd never notice it.

I guess rainbow boas don't have stinky poos, lol!
Old 08-18-15, 01:01 PM   #20
Sylphie

Haha, my corns poops are not that bad, but my Russians are really terrible! I know they poop minutes after they do it, the smell is just that bad. But my boyfriend is saying that he can't smell it unless I open their cage, so maybe I'm just super sensiitive to it.

And I was always telling people that I fell in love with snakes when one wrapped around my waist for the first time (and I was only six!). They then start to stare at me like "uhh I always knew that you're weird".
Old 08-18-15, 02:20 PM   #21
that1guy

Well, I don't just keep snakes. I have 3 cats, 6 turtles, a leopard gecko, and of course 2 ball pythons. I've also had 4 dogs, 5 cats, 4 turtles, several frogs and toads, a tarantula, and a scorpion, a Burmese python, and 2 ball pythons in my 30 years, including family pets growing up, that have died or in the case of the Burmese and 1 ball python was rehomed. I'm just an animal lover and my favorite animals are snakes and turtles, it's a tie! How can you not love and respect animals that have survived for millions of years and adapted to conquer nearly the whole planet? I could go on and on about the things I find fascinating and awesome about reptiles and why I love them, I'm not going to though. To me the question isn't what does keeping snakes say about us. It's what the heck is wrong with the rest of world?
Old 08-18-15, 02:40 PM   #22
Tiny Boidae

that1guy-

The sad truth is that a lot of people (especially those who hold social or political power) simply don't care. They're out to make a profit, and a company isn't going to ask "how will my product affect the environment", but rather "how can I turn a profit?" This leads to very little information getting out to the public about animals other than the cats and dogs you see in ASPCA commercials. This ignorance, whether it be intentional or not, is the reason why we're losing so many great species of animals but McDonald's still gets to open a new location in box turtle territory.

I feel like that was a rant, and it wasn't directed towards any particular person, but that's what's wrong with the rest of the world unfortunately. Nobody cares and soon we're going to feel the heat from this mass extinction
Old 08-18-15, 06:52 PM   #23
AlexCrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
How can you not love and respect animals that have survived for millions of years and adapted to conquer nearly the whole planet? I could go on and on about the things I find fascinating and awesome about reptiles and why I love them, I'm not going to though. To me the question isn't what does keeping snakes say about us. It's what the heck is wrong with the rest of world?
Im Really with this! Totally true
Old 08-18-15, 06:56 PM   #24
AlexCrazy

Its so sad how people dont realise that with out animals in the wild.. Or the wild it self were doomed! People give more attention to there money than the own world they live in...
Old 08-19-15, 03:27 AM   #25
pinefamily

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCrazy View Post
Its so sad how people dont realise that with out animals in the wild.. Or the wild it self were doomed! People give more attention to there money than the own world they live in...
Yes indeed.
And either you're just lucky with no smell, or you need a carpet python. Still haven't decided what's worse, the snake poop, or beardie poop.
Maybe we should do a poll.
1.1 Diamond pythons, 1.1 Gammon Ranges pythons, 1.1 coastal pythons, 2.0 Murray Darling pythons, 1.1 albino Northwestern pythons, 1.0 spotted python, sand monitor, Spencers monitor, yellow spotted monitor, 1.0 leatherback bearded dragon, eastern water dragon, red spiny tailed monitor.
Login to remove ads
Old 08-19-15, 09:18 AM   #26
Minkness
Forum Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Minkness

I dunno about others, but my male BPs poop is AWFUL. One poop stinks up the whole house if I leave my bedroom door open. All my other colubrids don't smell mutch at all, but Moko could kill things with his stink lol. He also only goes like once a month, and when he goes it's ALOT. Looks like one of my cats got into his cage just to leave a dump. My little BP hasn't pooped for me yet in the 2 months I've had her, but I can tell that by the time I'm back from vacation I'll be greeted by mucho snake poops by both my BPs lol.

I stopped counting at 30....
Old 08-19-15, 09:46 AM   #27
SnoopySnake

Snake keeping says that I like quiet and not having hair everywhere, lol. On the topic of smell..Never really noticed much of a smell from my CRB's or white lip, BCI's were a bit smelly...but my retic...No matter how clean I keep him, he just stinks. Even just his urates are worse than all of the ones I mentioned...put together...
Old 08-19-15, 10:19 AM   #28
ManSlaughter33

My balls dont stink (LOL) My boa has massive poops, but not stinky ones.. my Corn poops a ton of tiny smelly piles.. augh
Old 08-19-15, 10:50 AM   #29
AlexCrazy

Quote:
My balls dont stink (LOL)
Jajaja...
This threat started about "US" and now were discussing poop... LOL
Old 08-19-15, 01:02 PM   #30
Wingbeats

I think it certainly says something about us when we rapidly began talking about poop in this thread, hahahaha!
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread