border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Enclosure Creation Forums > General Enclosure Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-16, 07:10 PM   #31
jpsteele80

Re: Propper heating for Animal Plastics T25 and retic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike22ca View Post
Most of the warm end is about 88ish, but there are a few spots that register slightly warmer. Still kinda tinkering with it to get it exactly how i want it. This is my first experience with RHPs. Pretty impressed with it so far.
Yeah rhp's are the bomb, i wont use anything but an rhp now, except for my racks that use heat tape
Old 03-16-16, 12:36 AM   #32
mike22ca

For sure. I've been a flexwatt guy since the 90's. I guess just for the fact it's cheap and available and will typically do the job. But now I'm wondering why the heck I waited so long to try a panel. At the RBI panel price point it's easier to give it a go.
Old 03-16-16, 10:34 AM   #33
Wish

Quote:
My T25 finally arrived! It came on a giant pallet. I gave everything a good once over and signed off on the delivery. It came incredibly well packed, i was very impressed. Gave the directions a quick ready over once or twice and went at it. Everything went together extremely well and probably only took me like 30 mins by myself. I sealed the whole cage with the supplied goop and let that sit for a couple days to cure. Played with the heat panel for a bit (I had the biggest one RBI makes installed), works great. I plugged it straight in to power no thermostat just to see what kinda heat it would kick out. Does a pretty damn good job. I got the surface of it to about 200 maybe slightly over. You can still touch it although for not that long. Being that my cage is 18" high I was able to kick out 100+ degrees to the cage floor according to my temp gun. So after letting it sit for a few days and letting the floor goop cure up I finally got it ready for my snake. I researched the best placement of the probe and came across a couple different options people seemed to run. I went ahead and did the Thermostat hanging from the ceiling option. I already had a hole in the top that my power cable for the heat panel runs to so I just ran my prob through the same hole and taped it off on top (outside the cage) so it stays in the same area. Seems to work real well. I set my herpstat2 for 86 and in the warm are of the cage its about 90-92ish and the cooler side stays about 80. All in all Im pretty impressed with the setup! Its lots of room thats for sure. The only things I had issues with are 1. the center divide option - there are no screws or channels for it in the cage. Its purely a pressure fit wall. There should be additional support for the center divide if you're going to call it a center divide. 2, One of my swing down doors had a rivet that was put it half ***. However I called Ali up the next business day and let her know what was up and sent a few pics and she is sending me a replacement out asap. Def can't complain about the customer service!
Happy everything worked out for you! What was the total time it took to get to you from the initial order? I ordered mine a few weeks ago. They said 10 week production wait. Just wanted to get a sense if they're pretty on time with there schedule.
Old 03-16-16, 12:29 PM   #34
mike22ca

My order date was 2/2/15 and I received it on 3/10/2016
Old 03-16-16, 03:00 PM   #35
mike22ca

Sorry I meant *12/5/2015*

Quote:
My order date was 2/2/15 and I received it on 3/10/2016
Login to remove ads
Old 03-24-16, 09:06 AM   #36
Wish

Quote:
Sorry I meant *12/5/2015*
I guess I have some time to wait as I ordered mine in the beginning of February. I managed to get quoted 200 from my own shipping company too. Instead of the original 300 from A.P. ---Post a pic when you can. Would love to see how it looks with the L.E.D'S.
Closed Thread

Tags
animal plastics, cage, enclosure, retic, rhp