border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > New to the forum?

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-15, 02:56 AM   #16
Sylphie

Re: Crazy about Rainbow Boas

Awww, thank you for pics of FWC, I really admire them! <3
Old 08-19-15, 07:18 AM   #17
TxScarlet15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDW View Post
I found your site and you have some very nice animals, however, the ghost BRB is my favorite.
Completely agree with you! I'm also curious to know if the Ghosts keep the iridescence? What is the color difference between the Ghost and Anery when mature? Definitely going to be keeping an eye on your page and I'm very excited to see what you produce in the next couple years.
Old 08-19-15, 10:08 AM   #18
SnoopySnake

Very nice BRB's, I also see your posts on facebook. I may be wrong here but I'm going to guess ghosts don't have quite as brilliant iridescence as the darker the snake, the more iridescence they keep. Albino vs Normal CRB makes a good comparison, also CRB vs BRB. Brazilians have much greater iridescence.
Old 08-19-15, 01:45 PM   #19
StardustScales

bigsnakegirl785- Super common mistake, no worries
Here are a couple quick shots of the Ghost and Anery side by side, unfortunately he wasn't being very cooperative this morning so they aren't the best photos but hopefully you can see the difference. When they are first born they look veered similar but the ghost is a bit more pink, grey and white colored, while Anery are more brown, grey and white in the crescents.

IMG_9652.jpg

IMG_9653.jpg

In terms of iridescence... The rainbow iridescence is most obvious on the darker parts of the brb. So usually you get a nice sheen off the markings on the head and the crecsents. In general most Brbs gain more sheen as they age because they develop more color for it to reflect off of. Typically darker brbs have the most and lighter morphs like Hypos and albinos have very little because they have less overall color for the rainbow to contrast. But Hypos in particular tend to lose a lot of the shine on their markings due to them getting fairly washed out by adulthood.
This ghost will develop more sheen overall as he develops a pale yellow base color, but the saddles and markings will probably always be the most irridecent part of him and they may get even lighter colored. Realistically in natural daylight all Brbs shine like a spot light though haha
Here a close up of the side of the ghost, shows some of his bullseye markings and the pastel tones. IMG_9265.jpg
I'll post some more shots of him as soon as he's a bit more cooperative
Projects: 11.18 Brazilian Rainbow Boas - 1.2 Caatinga Rainbow Boa - 1.3 Paraguayan Rainbow Boa - 1.1 Hypo False Water Cobra - 1.1 Satanic Leaf Tailed Gecko - 2.2 Chinese Cave Geckos - 2.1 Electric Blue Day Gecko -1.1 Leachianus - 12.12 Crested Geckos
www.stardustscales.com www.facebook.com/stardustscales
Old 08-19-15, 02:00 PM   #20
StardustScales

My pleasure Sylphie!! And thank you TxScarlet15! I'm super excited to finally be able to breed some of our more rare morphs in the next couple years!
IMO nothing beats the shine of an Anery ... here's a couple of my subadult Arctic Anerys.

IMG_9047-2.jpg

IMG_7914.jpg

...and another of one the Thanatos the Ghost since so many of you asked for more picture

IMG_9000-2.jpg
Projects: 11.18 Brazilian Rainbow Boas - 1.2 Caatinga Rainbow Boa - 1.3 Paraguayan Rainbow Boa - 1.1 Hypo False Water Cobra - 1.1 Satanic Leaf Tailed Gecko - 2.2 Chinese Cave Geckos - 2.1 Electric Blue Day Gecko -1.1 Leachianus - 12.12 Crested Geckos
Login to remove ads
Old 08-19-15, 08:28 PM   #21
DDW

You make me want to go get a brb more now(which happens whenever I see such pretty pics of them) I hope to find some at an expo sometime because sadly, I have never seen one in person though I'm sure I'd want to take em home with me, I can not have any more snakes in my house though I bet a brb would be the center of attention when family and friends come over. I am interested to see some more of the morphs of the brb because I think I've only really seen normal and those you have shown here.

Edit: decided to just check out the site again and read up on those morphs. I like the wipeout I think it was called but normal with a lot of dark red and vivid black is my favorite still

Last edited by DDW; 08-19-15 at 08:42 PM..
Old 08-19-15, 09:44 PM   #22
bigsnakegirl785

How much are ghosts going for? I'm kinda debating on my next BRB being a hypo, high red, or an anery, although the ghosts look nice if they're affordable.
Old 09-24-15, 02:35 PM   #23
StardustScales

Sorry about the delay! The two ghosts produced in this litter were selling for about $3k each, and there was one other litter that produced ghost this year but it looks like the breeder is holding them back.
Closed Thread

Tags
boa, brb, cenchria, epicrates, rainbow