border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Enclosure Creation Forums > General Enclosure Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-15, 01:51 PM   #1
Wingbeats

Question Decent hygrometers? (humidity measures)

Hello everyone!
I ordered an Animal Plastics T8 cage for my rainbow boa a while back, as she is outgrowing her Ziplock tub. Humidity is easy to see in her tub, as the heavy condensation on the lid tells me the humidity is fine (the analog hygrometer broke long ago, lol).

However, for the incoming T8 cage, I want to keep the humidity measured. Looking on Amazon, it seems many hygrometers for reptiles have poor ratings. I need something that performs well with high humidity, since rainbow boas require 70% or higher.

Any good hygrometer recommendations? Something with a probe would be ideal, so I can read it outside of the cage easily. I'm willing to spend a good amount to get something that works.
Login to remove ads
Old 09-04-15, 03:18 PM   #2
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Re: Decent hygrometers? (humidity measures)

I use the acurite hygrometers. They work pretty well.

http://www.amazon.com/AcuRite-00613A...SRJKJ5PW0MA07W
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Closed Thread

Tags
husbandry, hygrometer, rainbow boa