border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-14, 03:01 PM   #1
lazikid

Help....

I need help. I recently (6 months ago) bought a Red Tail Boa, he has been doing fine with eating, shedding and being pretty active. About a month ago I realized that his scales seemed kind of loose, I guess, but they usually did that right before he would shed so I didn't pay much attention to it. However after he shed they felt the same (they don't feel like they are laying flat, when I held him when I first got him he was smooth, didn't feel scaly now he feels scaly.)

I notice about 5 days ago that he had a spot on his belly that was pink and looked like he scales were buckling, after doing research it looked like scale rot so I started treating him for that. I cleaned the whole cage, give him Betadine baths, and put ointment on the spot.

I have been watching him and today just realized that he is kind of favoring the spot on his belly as if it hurts. He is shedding some of the scales around the area but some of the scales are still buckling.

His last shed was about a week ago and, although came off in two pieces, was a full shed. He is still very active and still has a healthy appetite. He will let me hold him and touch the spot (to put ointment on.) He is almost a year and is 3 feet long.

I'm not sure if what I'm doing is helping and want to know if it looks like scale rot or if I need to take him the the vet. If it doesn't get better over the next day or two I will be taking him to the vet. However, he is my baby and I'm afraid I may just be over reacting.

Please Help

IMG_4834.jpg
IMG_4833.jpg
Login to remove ads
Old 12-08-14, 05:35 PM   #2
wrecker45

Re: Help....

Maybe his uth is getting to hot.
1.Corn snake. 1.Mexican milk snake. 2.California king snakes. 2. Western hognose snakes. 1. Pastel checker garter. 1. Checker garter. 1.Columbian red tail boa. 1. Ball python. 1. Smooth green snake. 1. Five lined skink. 1. Grey tree frog. 1. Chinese water dragon. 3 Bearded Dragons. 2 Leapard Geckos. 1. Black cat. and Lucy my border collie/lab.
Closed Thread

Tags
help please