border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > General Information Forums > Breeding / Incubation

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-14, 08:36 AM   #1
jespere

Help, someone brought eggs to me - mostly developed.

Hello,

I have searched high and low for information on this but since I'm not familiar with the field, I apologize if this is a redundant question.

Someone brought some snake eggs into my office for ID and likely damaged the neonates in the process. He accidentally hit them with a shovel and what came out of on of the eggs he hit was a 6 inch little guy we think to be a black racer.

I now have the eggs and have carefully added some moisture using some shredded paper as bedding and have avoided rotating the eggs but they were not brought to me so carefully. The shells have caved in slightly and have a yellowish tinge to the leathery eggs. I am nearly positive they are now dead, but the forums tend to encourage waiting and seeing what happens.

Is there a surefire way to know they will not hatch? I don't want to throw in the towel too soon but we have no way of knowing how jostled the eggs were or how long they had been in the nest. help?
Login to remove ads
Old 10-11-14, 11:58 AM   #2
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

Re: Help, someone brought eggs to me - mostly developed.

The eggs will turn bad pretty quick if they died, just keep an eye on them that's all you can do.
Old 11-11-14, 07:26 PM   #3
reptiledude987

Re: Help, someone brought eggs to me - mostly developed.

you could also try "candeling" them by putting a flashlight to the side of them to see how things look inside.
Closed Thread

Tags
eggs, infertile