border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-13, 11:19 AM   #1
echachanny

Unhappy Missing Snakes

My albino pine snake that i picked up from a reptile show recently escaped and is nowhere to be found. I have looked everywhere with no luck. EVERYWHERE. I have never been so stressed out or depressed. It is really getting to me. Any words of advice, inspiration or anything are appreciated.
Login to remove ads
Old 10-18-13, 02:46 PM   #2
marvelfreak
Captain America

Re: Missing Snakes

How big is it? Look in dark warm and cool places and look over and over.
Old 10-18-13, 02:53 PM   #3
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Keep looking and don't give up hope. I once had a ball month escape for 3 months before magically reappearing. Best wishes in your search. Keep us posted.
Old 10-18-13, 08:20 PM   #4
Kera

Send a message via Skype™ to Kera

Don't give up! Look in beds if it's young, in between box spring and mattress, under comforters, in closest, in vents if it could fit in there. I pretty much consider my boyfriends BRB mine as well. She's about 10 months and got out and was out for 4 or so weeks. Found her angry and hungry after a trip down the laundry chute in a comforter. Keep an eye out.
Old 10-18-13, 09:03 PM   #5
lisas

My corn snake was in a baseboard heater for a month. Warm, dark places are good to check. Good luck, I know how stressful it can be.
Login to remove ads
Old 10-20-13, 07:10 PM   #6
Sublimeballs

The big spots I've found escaped snakes like to hang out are under the refrigerator, under sinks, and near their enclosure. I had quite a few escapes in my youth, parents allow me to put a lock on my bedroom door and my little sister loved to show people the reptiles. She opened up my first mangrove monitors cage and he darted out. I had put a line of sand across every door way(wooden floors) to watch his movements. After a month I didn't see any signs of activity and my parents(fed up with sand through out their house) forced me to give up. He was found 6 months later in a basket of laundry he grew from a tiny little guy to about 3 feet long I that time frame. So never give up hope it's just a matter of time.
Closed Thread

Tags
albino, missing, pine, snake