border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > All Other Herp Forums > Aquatic forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-12, 11:41 PM   #16
Evolieno

Re: New Comet, Need a name!

I can't comment on his color changing magical ability, but perhaps there are objects around that maybe influence it? I know he isn't a Chameleon, but I've heard of fish picking up colors and adjusting their scales accordingly. I'm assuming you've googled it? Slim is kind of a fitting name considering Chubs, but you don't have to name him immediately. I always want to name my pets immediately, but also want something fitting and somewhat original. I like the names that sound all classy... "SO and so the third" but I've always thought about that for when I get my very expensive dream dog. Then finding a cute nick name. "Sir Francis Wellington III" ... Aka "Frankie". Lol. I'm still thinking for ya, girl. I don't know a lot about fish, but I'm gonna do a little research (I have nothing else to do) lol
1.0 amazing 7 yr old
Old 10-05-12, 12:04 AM   #17
Kaetlinv

Well ive researched about gradual or long term change, but cant seem to find anything about sudden change except from normal to dark looking, in which case it would be ich or other parasites, etc..
In shadows he looks more like his original colors, but not the same. I mean he was nearly pitch black, now he has no black whatsoever.

I thought maybe moving him into the new tank cleared something off of him and into the water, and maybe chubs would start to get it too, but i havent seen any change in chubs. Its really bizarre. I just cant think of what it could be! All my searches end up in the same thing "...comets change color over time..." "...certain foods bring out their colors..." "your fish will turn white if you keep it in the dark..." etc, etc. But all of this, like ive mentioned, is gradual not sudden. One of my friends has two comets as well, one was similar in that it looked calico in its temporary cup of water home, but i looked at it the other day and i can hardly distinguish the one that was calico from her other one which is gold! Im just so confused. O.o
Old 10-05-12, 01:20 AM   #18
Wyldrose

Most comet goldfish start out dark and eventually turn bright orange. Both of yours will probley get orange as time goes by. My last group of goldfish ended up all orange and red. We switched the tank back to ciclids so if I add goldfish they don't last long... Chomp the oscar is an eating machine!
How about naming him "Comet"?
Old 10-05-12, 08:24 AM   #19
Kaetlinv

I'd thought about calling him Comet, but then his name would also start with C, like Chubs. Trying to keep to one letter for each animal (within the species at least, hehe.)

For example, my snakes are;
Valentine
Romeo
Ashanti

Cats are;
Salem
Jackie (Used to have Buddy and Caramel, so no 'buddy's, please....It would hurt to name him that. )

Dogs are;
Abby
Daisy

Just a thing I've noticed and like the trend. But thanks for the suggestion! He's got a longer, deeper forked tail than Chubs and he is wicked fast, but the relation to a comet ends there. Real life comets aren't shy. :P
Old 10-05-12, 08:29 AM   #20
Kingsnakechris

I vote for slim, chubbs and slim go good together.
Old 10-05-12, 01:10 PM   #21
Kaetlinv

Im leaning towards Slim, it's the most ideal but something just doesn't click I guess. His name will come along with time.
Old 10-05-12, 01:21 PM   #22
Kingsnakechris

How about ANON, short for anonymous lol
Old 10-05-12, 01:26 PM   #23
Kaetlinv

I think of Shakespeare when I hear 'anon'.

"Anon good nurse, anon!" >.>
Old 10-05-12, 01:39 PM   #24
Kingsnakechris

Lol just throwin it out there
Old 10-05-12, 01:43 PM   #25
Kaetlinv

I understand. I almost picked it - then I remembered romeo and juliet... lol
Login to remove ads
Old 10-05-12, 01:56 PM   #26
Kingsnakechris

Lol well I tried lmao
Old 10-05-12, 01:57 PM   #27
Kaetlinv

you did, and i got a laugh out of it, no worries about that.
Closed Thread