sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > All Other Herp Forums > Aquatic forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-03, 10:26 PM   #1
HeatherRose

Send a message via MSN to HeatherRose
Suitable tankmates

Hey guys.....for his b-day, we got my dad a really neat aquarium, it's a hollowed out purple imac computer with a 2.5 gal tank inside....it's not heated, but is aerated and filtered.

So far, inside is one male betta. Are there any other fish that can go in the tank?

Heather
Login to remove ads
Old 02-15-03, 07:26 AM   #2
corr

I wouldn't put anything else in with the Betta just because the tank is too small. If you're not too attatched to it, I'd trade it in for 5 or 6 White Clouds. They're active, pretty, and don't need a heater. HTH
Old 02-15-03, 09:54 AM   #3
girraffasaurus

You could put in a snail, an African Dwarf Frog, and I've heard that you could do a couple neaon tetras, but it might be too small for that. 2,5 is definitely not too small to put in a frog or snail, though. The frogs barely produce any waste at all!
Old 02-15-03, 11:39 AM   #4
HeatherRose

lol I know those stupid frogs are so boring! :P I had one before.....a nail's a good idea I think....

Heather
Old 02-16-03, 07:00 AM   #5
Shane Tesser

If you get a snail...make sure its not the kind that breed like mad...or else..you will end up with nothing but a tank of snails. As one person stated...neons..no way..those are tropical fish with specialized requirements that need a heater. Corr has the perfect idea for tank mates, white clouds would be fantastic..cheap, and hardy
Login to remove ads
Old 02-16-03, 08:32 AM   #6
HeatherRose

Thanks guys...I was thinking of a couple of white clouds earlier...

Heather
Old 02-16-03, 08:48 AM   #7
corr

I didn't reccomend snails because, for the most part, they either get too big or multiply like mad that they become unsighlty. MTS would work IMO but they aren't really a pet... they only come out at night.