Send a message via Skype™ to guidofatherof5
Re: I have me some garters!

Awesome group.
Old 05-28-12, 01:14 AM   #17
jaleely
Member of the family

Thank you!

Here are some more pics!!! The girl anery ate some silversides : )
The boy wouldn't eat....but yesterday i got him to eat some trout!!! So you'll see she's fat in the pics (as well as freshly shed...she's sooo pretty!) And he's skinny, but then gets plump.
Alessia asked how i'm housing them, and for now, it's just in a critter keeper! They are sooo tiny i felts safer in there for now, with some nylon over the holes in the lid *lol*

Okay...as a bonus....Y'all get to see my swollen hand in some of the photos! It's all better now, but there it is...lol

27 snakes (7 sand boas, 4 hognose, 5 ball pythons, 1 bolivian boa, 2 dumeril's boas, 2 carpet pythons, 5 garters, 1 corn snake), 1 cave spider, 9 tarantulas, 1 tokay gecko, 2 dogs, 2 frogs, emperor scorpions 1,000 dubia roaches, & tons of fish.
Old 05-28-12, 01:15 AM   #18
jaleely
Member of the family

27 snakes (7 sand boas, 4 hognose, 5 ball pythons, 1 bolivian boa, 2 dumeril's boas, 2 carpet pythons, 5 garters, 1 corn snake), 1 cave spider, 9 tarantulas, 1 tokay gecko, 2 dogs, 2 frogs, emperor scorpions 1,000 dubia roaches, & tons of fish.
Old 05-28-12, 01:17 AM   #19
jaleely
Member of the family

Oh, and they don't have names yet. Which is really weird for me! Usually I've like, got names picked out before I get the animal.
I've only handled them as I was putting the in the keeper, and then gotten these photos while i was taking them out for feeding. I'm so afraid of hurting them, they're soo small!
Any good ideas for names? The girl likes to climb...that's all I know about them personality wise.
Old 05-28-12, 10:24 PM   #20
jaleely
Member of the family

Bump...I need name suggestions!
Login to remove ads
Old 05-30-12, 10:09 PM   #21
jaleely
Member of the family

Re: Melissa's garters! (Name suggestions welcome)

Thank you for the thread re-name, Wayne!

Just fed them tonight. Boy are these guys going to be spoiled!
I posted on the garter forum that I want to get another male, and another female, and house the same sexes together.
I'd really still like some good old checkereds, but have my eyes peeled for some blue ones : )

Anyway, happy fat bellies. I'm watching the male eat his trout right now. I'm sitting here, he's over "there" in his feeding tupperware *lol* the female already chowed hers down and is settling down back in the enclosure : )
I love how they eat, nothing eats like a Garter! That I've seen anyway : )
Closed Thread