border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > General Information Forums > Breeding / Incubation

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-10, 06:05 AM   #1
carciady

Red face pregnent Boa

Hi I have a pregnent Boa and she has just had her first meal in a couple of months, is this a sign of her about to have her young ?? Sorry this is the first time I have been through this. All the best for 2010, Ady
Login to remove ads
Old 01-03-10, 12:35 PM   #2
gonesnakee
Veteran Member

Re: pregnent Boa

Once they go off food gravid Boas do not typically eat util after they have dropped.
Are you sure she is gravid? Mark
Old 01-03-10, 04:12 PM   #3
carciady

Re: pregnent Boa

Yes i am positive she is, she was wit the male for a month and i saw them do the biz, she then went off her food and started to swell, she has this week gon to the loo and eaten a medium rat, she has become very restless going from one end of her enclosure to the other through the day and night. this will be the first time she been mated, so not too shure what to expect, I have a book and it says that they can sometimes start eating a few days before giving birth but not shure if that is right. Ady
Closed Thread

Tags
boa