border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Reptile Clubs / Societies > General Information

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-05, 03:31 PM   #16
Rikki
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Rikki Send a message via Yahoo to Rikki
Thanks, I know what you mean. Ill get to work on it.
Old 01-30-05, 06:38 PM   #17
Rikki
Banned

Nearly finished uploading final templates
Old 01-30-05, 08:33 PM   #18
peterm15

i dont know how any of this works, but did you get permission to use the ssnakess.com link.. probably im just asking.. i dont have any advice about the web.. but it looks really good...

are your parrents herpers too.. its just that i know ( well guess) your living at home with your parrents but do they have a part in this as well... you just might need some extra funds.. mare than what your site will generate... a few hunderd is pretty good but ive spent way over 1000 to house 4 herps and soon 5... all healthy.. for a vet visit (in canada at least) your looking at $65 an animal, 25 dollars per fecal and then heating lighting food meds ect.. espically since your getting rescues, alot of rescues are very sick and can cost thousands to fix... like ive said ppl have sold most of there collection to pay for one herp... look at a post in general from a coupple weeks back.. the family spent ALOT of money and just couldnt care for it any more, they couldnt afford it... i spend about 20 bucks a week to feed 4 and im looking at at least 10 more when i get my beardie..

i realise this is something you want to do but i really dont wanna hear about having to rescue rescues cause you couldnt properly care for them all... so please start off small... adopt a few, things like that... become a foster house before a rescue agency... if and when things start to boom then dive in head first... this goes with anything.. never put all you have into one thing.. youll come out with less than you started with..

500 would probably last you 2 weeks with one sick iggi... so just be careful..

other wise.. good luck...
Old 01-30-05, 08:43 PM   #19
Rikki
Banned

Yes i understand, I also am having a few close friend of the family putting in private funding, my parents are back on this as well.
Old 06-02-05, 12:07 PM   #20
SNAKE_GODDESS

Send a message via Yahoo to SNAKE_GODDESS
i really want to help out. i am new to this though.. and i am a animal lover.. my fiance thinks i am really weird.. i saved a snake this morning from getting run over by a 18-wheeler.... yeah i will do anything to keep an animal alive...
Old 07-11-05, 02:20 PM   #21
Rikki
Banned

This is a very old topic which can be closed now, I removed the website after a few weeks as I was having problems with my web hosting company. Though I am performing small rescues on occasions.
Old 07-11-05, 02:40 PM   #22
ReptiZone

Send a message via MSN to ReptiZone Send a message via Yahoo to ReptiZone
I hate to be the cruel SOB to point this out to you. But you are 15.

Let me show what you need and cannot get at your age.
You need a business name- a goverment legal name.
You need to have insurance.
* Fire insurance
* Liability insurance
You will have to have a business phone number registered in your local phone book
You will have to have to pay:
The power bill
The phone bill
The internet bill
The food bill
The Vet bill

On top of all this you will need to clean cages clean water everyday.
give meds to the animals that need it daily or hourly

I think to top it all of you need your parents permision to keep all these animals that could potentialy kill you.

Not to be mean but these are the facts.

If I gave you a $7 000 snake on a 7 month payment plan could you afford it If not you could not afford to run a rescue.

The ReptiZone
Marc Doiron
Old 07-13-05, 03:55 PM   #23
Rikki
Banned

AS said, I was operating this with my parents assistance. Though this is a very old topic.
Old 07-22-06, 07:30 AM   #24
krystal446

your rescue

I've been running a rescue for about 2 years now. I've found it to be mostly red ears but I also many random animals too. I've been able to keep down on my space and money issue by trying to set up adoptions directly from the current owner to the adoptive owner. You do have to be careful, just to make sure the animal is in good health, but quite often the current owners really like meeting the new owners. It gives them peace of mind. If you keep a wait list, its really easy to acomplish this. I've also found that many people are willing to donate all the supplies and aquariums with the animals when they put their animals up. So if they are coming to you then you don't need to worry about space as much. My service is also free though, so that might be why they are so willing to give me all the acessories. I've also found that most people make a donation anyways, which always helps. Good luck with everything! krystalsantor@gmail.com
Closed Thread