border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > All Other Herp Forums > Aquatic forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-05, 11:37 PM   #16
nareptiles

Reef tanks are are definetly one of the most amazing tanks to own ,we have a 55gallon corner reef and just recently started to set up a 220 gallon for reef ,The 55 if filled with live rock ,about 25 differnt corals and many xenia , poloyp and mushroom cultures .We also have a bunch of shrimp ,crabs and some other inverts ,anemone,s etc.They are alot of work to properly maintain ,but worth every minute of it.
Sarnia ,Ontario
Old 02-18-05, 10:29 AM   #17
pablo111

Quote:
Originally posted by Skinnychondro
Relax, Pablo. I'm not claiming to be setting up a reef tank right now.

Right now all I have is a clown and a crab. I'm thinking a FOWLR at best for the time being. If I was going to get corals I would have to set it up differently.

I'm aware of what's needed to keep a reef tank and, like I said in my previous post, "I've told myself I'm not going to get crazy this time and buy a ton of stuff. Just some live rock, a few fish and inverts".

As far as I know I don't need any slappings as you had recommended. I know what my goal is with this tank. And I'm only here to talk to others who share the same interests. If you read through my posts and got the impression that I am currently running a reef tank with a bio wheel then maybe you're the one in a bit of a situation.

Listen, I understand it's frustrating that after Finding Nemo came out everyone thinks they can irresponsibly jump into reef keeping. I imagine that it is easy to jump to conclusions that anyone seeking info might be one of those band wagon jumpers.

I can assure you, though I shouldn't have to, that my interest in this hobby is sincere and since it has been a long time since I had my last tank I am taking what I believe to be the necessary steps so as to look before I leap. Again, that's why I'm here.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers
Jamie
Even with just your clown and crab, you dont have enough current. Really, a biofilter of anykind is pretty useless if you have live rock, which is your biofilter anyways.

Throw some powerheads on there. SW needs a lot more current than you think.