sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > All Other Herp Forums > Aquatic forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-02, 08:44 PM   #1
PetCrazy

RubberLip/Bulldog Pleco

Alright, I bought this guy awhile ago.
A rubberlip pleco (or bulldog pleco) who I conveniently called Bulldog (so much for being original eh?).
I got him back in August, because the batch of them that came to the store weren't doing well, and seeing him being the sole survivor, I needed to take him home. After all, they are adorable, and being one of the smaller plecos, he was quite the convenient and intruiging find for me.

Now, my point is, I was wondering if anyone else kept this species of pleco before. I've got him on an interesting diet, and I must admit that both he is among the most spoiled fish that I keep. But I'd be interested in knowing what anyone else fed theres, (if anything other then algae).

As well as what kind of setup anyone may have kept them in.

Thanks for reading this post
-PC
Login to remove ads
Old 11-07-02, 09:10 PM   #2
Lizzy

Send a message via MSN to Lizzy
I also think that they are great little plecs! I'm pretty sure that they need some wood in their diet and some meat protien. I have a bristle-nose plec and he keeps every spot of algae off the entire tank and seems to eat my driftwood. He also loves to pick up after the rest of my fish. He's not hungry...he's quite plump, so I guess he 's getting everything he needs!

Lizzy
Old 11-08-02, 09:54 PM   #3
PetCrazy

What do you mean, pick up after the rest of your fish?

Bulldog does have a huge slab of driftwood in there, and he gets all sorts of foods.
Algae (obviously) both in tank, and pellets, shrimp pellets, brine shrimp, some other sort of shrimp, blood worms, frozen peas, cucumber, zucchini, lettuce, and whatever else I figure I can toss in there.

Rubberlips are also known for liking fast currents, so.. he's in my eclipse tank for now...

Plecos are awesome, it's unfortunate that not everyone appreciates them.
Old 11-09-02, 12:01 AM   #4
Shane Tesser

You are dead on with that comment...plec's are often the under appriciated heros of the aquarium world....so are the other so called algae eaters i guess you could say!
Old 11-12-02, 12:33 PM   #5
Lizzy

Send a message via MSN to Lizzy
What I ment by picking up after the rest of my fish is that he likes to eat all the leftovers...or what the fish haven't found by the time he smells it and scoots around the tank looking for food! Falkes, shrimp, bloodworms...whatever the other fish get. Don't worry, I'm not one of those morons that thinks plecs are garbage or poop eaters .
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread