border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > All Other Herp Forums > Aquatic forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-02, 05:55 PM   #1
DragnDrop

Marine tanks with Jaubert filtration

Several years ago I had to give up my marine tanks (big boohoooo, believe me. I miss my fish and corals). I had 2 of the 7 tanks set up with the Jaubert filtration system for a few years, the other 5 tanks with a more conventional system - protein skimmers, powerheads, under gravel filters etc. After two years of superb results with the Jaubert, I switched all tanks to that.
I don't have fish or reef tanks anymore, but still read some magazines and articles about them. I don't recall seeing any mention of the Jaubert System at all. Has it been forgotten, or renamed, or....????
Login to remove ads
Old 10-12-02, 06:38 PM   #2
Youkai

Send a message via ICQ to Youkai Send a message via AIM to Youkai Send a message via MSN to Youkai
Renamed...

Usually these days you'll see it refered to as a plenum system, or using a plenum, etc.
Old 10-23-02, 07:44 AM   #3
rocket

Send a message via ICQ to rocket Send a message via MSN to rocket
i used to keep marines also here in aussie. i had a plenum system (jaubert), works brilliantly. the problem here was keeping the water temp down as it used to get too hot and the corals would bleach. this was because of the climate not due to the tanks set up. aside from that so long as you had good lighting and a protein skimmer the plenum would do the work for you. i had a lot of success and my corals quickly outgrew there tank. ( it was 8 foot x 2.5 foot x 2 foot!!!)anyway i do miss it but i dont have the right sort of house to be doing that anymore ( i live with my landlord as a tenant) and i am a long way from the coast.
Closed Thread