border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > All Other Herp Forums > Aquatic forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-02, 11:23 AM   #1
Shane Tesser

Upcoming Show's

Hi all. Are any of you aware of any up coming shows, preferably in the Ontario region. I haven't been to any in a long time and i am getting itchy. Let me know if you have any info. Thanks, s.t.
Login to remove ads
Old 07-08-02, 11:48 AM   #2
Geck-co

Send a message via MSN to Geck-co
fish shows? never knew they had em..... isnt that stressfull on the fish?
Old 07-08-02, 12:02 PM   #3
Shane Tesser

!

Yeah, Adam, i guess i never really thought of it that way. There is however lots of shows. There is even auctions were you can go and buy in bulk. As for the stress....i guess its not worse than plucking them out of their native waters and putting them on a plane, lol. The shows usually have a couple of good displays, some stuff for sale etc. Just like the snake shows. There is also usually guest speakers, and most of them will blow you away with what they know. If any one knows of any, ill take you. Im sure you will enjoy it.
Old 07-08-02, 03:34 PM   #4
corr

No, I don't know of any shows... only ever been to local auctions. Shane, are you a member of your local aquarium society? Prolly the best place to find out.
Old 07-08-02, 04:30 PM   #5
Geck-co

Send a message via MSN to Geck-co
Re: !

Quote:
Originally posted by Shane Tesser
As for the stress....i guess its not worse than plucking them out of their native waters and putting them on a plane, lol.
ya but that happens once they get taken away.. put in a store then moved to thier new home.. with a show they would be moving from the plane ->store (or private breeder/showster?) -> the various shows back and forth -> to your home....

seems like alota stress... i know fish are not as great at being moved around as snakes and what not... interesting still.. i would love to go n check one out keep me posted on when/where
Login to remove ads
Old 07-08-02, 05:51 PM   #6
K-DOG

fish shows

You should check out the one in october, During Octoberfest in Kitchener/Waterloo I have been with Lizzy, It was the best show and sale I have been to. You could ask her she goes to a lot of shows.

Thanks
Old 07-10-02, 09:00 PM   #7
Lizzy

Send a message via MSN to Lizzy
Fish shows

Check the CAOAC (Canadian Association of Aquarium Clubs) website...www.caoac.on.ca

There's a button to click to see any upcoming events. I think Hamiltonis having one in the fall...not sure though. They always seem to e-mail me about it a few weeks before, so I'll let you know.

Lizzy
Old 07-10-02, 11:37 PM   #8
Shane Tesser

shows

Thanks guys.....I will check out the site lizzy, thank you. No Corr im not a member of anything. Between the site, my collection, work, restoring a car and trying to spend time with the girlfriend its nearly impossible to join anything. I consider you guys a club....what should we call ourselves...??????:thumbsup:
Closed Thread