border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Python Regius

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-20, 05:05 AM   #1
frankadank

feed BP with covid

well not too sure if this has been discussed yet or if it’s just simply stupid to ask.. but i care for my snake and some opinions would help.. i recently tested positive for covid and symptoms are pretty rough. i feed my female BP who is 4 years old every 14 days haven’t weighted her in awhile but she’s a thick an healthy girl. while getting sick and running around to find tests i haven’t had time to run out and feed her plus being at risk of spreading the virus i didn’t feel comfortable doing so. well today is day 16 and my brother will go an get me mice and leave it outside for me to grab. i find it hard to let her go for 10-14 days more until i’m cleared hopefully. it should be okay to hurry and feed her? i’ll wear a mask? can she even catch a human sickness?
Login to remove ads
Old 12-07-20, 11:18 AM   #2
Herpin' Man

Re: feed BP with covid

If you find that you can't feed the snake for a while, it will be fine. You should try to make sure that it's cage stays clean, and that it always has clean water.
As far as is known, snakes don't catch covid from people. But wearing a mask certainly won't hurt.
Old 12-13-20, 07:25 PM   #3
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S
Re: feed BP with covid

If you want to feed her go for it. I don't think it crosses species right now but also if you don't want to feed her it would be fine. Sometimes it happens with snakes. She won't be any worse for ware.
Closed Thread