border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Boa Forums > General Boa Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-17, 02:47 PM   #1
LightHawk

Leopard boa`s

so after reseaching species I found a morph of boa called Leopard boa`s, I read/heard from earlier that they stay smaller than typical boa constrictors. but after searching i coudnt find mutch info on them. does anybody have experience and is willing to share it?
Login to remove ads
Old 12-15-17, 05:32 PM   #2
riddick07

Re: Leopard boa`s

Pure locality Tarahumara/Sonoran leopards will stay small guaranteed. All other leopards have the possibility of getting big since they have been mixed with the larger boas. All of my Het leopards at a year are the size or bigger than my pure Tarahumara that are 2 years old now.
4.5 Chinese Beauty, 1.0 White Sided Rat, 0.1 Suboc, 0.1 Stillwater Hypo Bull, 1.0 50/50 Cal King, 6.7 Corns, 1.3.1 Ball Python, 7.15 BCI, 1.0 Jaguar Carpet, 2.2 Retics, 2.2 Wolf Snake, 0.1 BRB, 1.2 BCC Suriname, 1.1 Ridleyi Beauty, 0.1 False Water Cobra, 1.0 Bearded Dragon, 1.0 Halmahera BTS, 5.4 Parrots, 0.1 Cat, 1.0 Horse
Old 12-16-17, 10:19 AM   #3
LightHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by riddick07 View Post
Pure locality Tarahumara/Sonoran leopards will stay small guaranteed. All other leopards have the possibility of getting big since they have been mixed with the larger boas. All of my Het leopards at a year are the size or bigger than my pure Tarahumara that are 2 years old now.
Would Sonoran boa`s in general have the same keeping requirements are normal boa`s? the thing is that i think having a snake the size of a normal bci or bcc as a first snake isnt the smartest idea.
Old 12-16-17, 10:50 AM   #4
richardhind

yes they require the same sort of conditions ,just smaller in size
0.1 Common het Kahl BCI,,0.1 red pastel hypo het albino bci,0.1 kahl sunglow bci, 1.1 boa longicauda het "Zero",1.0 motley het kahl bci,0.1hypo img,1.0 hypo harlequin het vpi t+, 1.2 hypo 100%het albino and 100% het berry blood, 1.0 guyana bcc,1.0 hypo jungle het blood&het albino,1.0 albino motley0.1 sunglow motley,1.1 mandarinbelly leopard
Old 12-16-17, 10:54 AM   #5
riddick07

Yes. I keep them the same as the others. They can tolerate slightly colder temps but I still keep them like the others.

Boas fed correctly take awhile to grow up and it’s easy to adjust to their size as it happens. Usually 4-5 years to hit 6ft and it can take much longer to hit any of the bigger sizes since they start slowing down a lot in growth. My 14 year old common BI only hit 8ft around 10 years old. BCC take even longer a lot of the time.

Here is a twoish year old BI. She’s closing in on 4ft now. If you want a boa I wouldn’t worry too much about the future size and just get a baby that will grow with you. In general they really aren’t that big just very solid animals. And the smaller locality ones won’t prepare you for the bigger ones anyway.

I can handle her on my own. Of course my thought of not that big might be skewed since I have Retics and had a Burmese when I was younger haha
4.5 Chinese Beauty, 1.0 White Sided Rat, 0.1 Suboc, 0.1 Stillwater Hypo Bull, 1.0 50/50 Cal King, 6.7 Corns, 1.3.1 Ball Python, 7.15 BCI, 1.0 Jaguar Carpet, 2.2 Retics, 2.2 Wolf Snake, 0.1 BRB, 1.2 BCC Suriname, 1.1 Ridleyi Beauty, 0.1 False Water Cobra, 1.0 Bearded Dragon, 1.0 Halmahera BTS, 5.4 Parrots, 0.1 Cat, 1.0 Horse
Login to remove ads
Old 12-16-17, 11:46 AM   #6
DJC Reptiles

Beautiful snakes riddick!
“The Only Difference Between Fear and Respect is Knowledge”(Daniel Jensen).
Old 12-16-17, 12:32 PM   #7
LightHawk

Although they look beautyfull and impressive, a snake of that size does indeed look huge to me xp. Although i wouldnt mind snakes bigger than 5-6 feet and there are snakes id love to keep that are bigger, especialy macklots pythons <3, id like to stay around the 5-6 feet range.
Closed Thread

Tags
boa