border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-17, 07:14 AM   #16
saturnascends

Re: I need help with my snake?

We have 2 kingsnakes which we've had for about 2 month as well. The first (California) is much more shy than the second (Mexican black). I usually leave the Cali alone, I don't want to stress him out too much...on the other hand I do want him to get used to handling. Just yesterday I got him out of his terrarium and he peed on me. A few weeks ago I got musked. But I'm going to keep at it now and again despite the occasional grossness and hope he chills out as he gets older! I'm guessing this can be a waiting game of sorts (especially since they're still young).
Old 04-07-17, 10:16 AM   #17
Magdalen

I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I have a cape house snake who is young and pretty much a little bigger than a pencil at the moment. I've had him for little over a month now, haven't handled him. What I have been doing is when I've been changing his paper towels out, changing water, generally anything to do with this is stuff, is I'll leave my hand in there when I notice he pokes his head out. He is very curious little snake but also very skittish (which is understandable since everything is bigger than him). The other day he actually stretched out to get a better sniff of me. I'm going slow with him and might try in a month or two to hold him when he's a tad bit bigger.
Kind of the same thing I did with my leopard gecko. I didn't hold her much the first couple of months or so when she was super tiny. The last few months I've been taking her out to handle so routine stuff is easier. In fact last night she decided to crawl up my arm while I was changing out her worms and chill on my shoulder for a bit. Once she started getting a little antsy I put her back.
Old 04-07-17, 11:05 AM   #18
HillBillyHerper

Hey everybody, didnt mean to piggy back off this thread but dont know how to start my own!! Lol so any way my ball python just recently started rubbing his head, i think its called cage rubbing or some **** like that. He hasent hurt himself yet but i cant watch him all the time, please help with your advice!!!! Thank you!
Closed Thread

Tags
handle help, handling, love hate relationship