border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Lizard Forums > General Lizard Forum.

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-16, 03:53 PM   #16
MartinD

Re: Nile monitor (very mad at how he was treated)

I think my first approach would be to say to him "With the amount of money I have spent on YOUR reptile, would you be willing to sign him over to me please?" He may surprise you and say yes ok, which if it was me I would be more than happy to do knowing he was going to be well looked after.
Old 11-30-16, 04:24 PM   #17
Odynxjules

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinD View Post
I think my first approach would be to say to him "With the amount of money I have spent on YOUR reptile, would you be willing to sign him over to me please?" He may surprise you and say yes ok, which if it was me I would be more than happy to do knowing he was going to be well looked after.
I just asked them. im going to argue tooth and nail for this lizard ot make sure he is safe
Old 11-30-16, 04:38 PM   #18
MartinD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odynxjules View Post
I just asked them. im going to argue tooth and nail for this lizard ot make sure he is safe
Good for you, keeping my fingers crossed for a positive outcome
Old 12-01-16, 11:31 AM   #19
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odynxjules View Post
-sigh- I might ask him how much for the lizard, how much do they usually go for?
I'd pay $0 for one considering how much care and how large they get.
Old 12-01-16, 03:09 PM   #20
Odynxjules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_S View Post
I'd pay $0 for one considering how much care and how large they get.
Ok, so we worked something out and even talked about it maturly. He made the realization that he was freakin stupid when it came to his care and the fact that he was being to cautious with him. But now that he is in my care until he gets back. I'm glad they didn't bother doing a written contract cuz if they are gone for more than a month in canada when he will legally belong to the house and if I do not feel like he would be fit to take care of him I will not let him pay me back for everything and just pay for the enclosure he built so I can make sure he goes to a nice home after. And I have some ideas on how to be able to handle him without hurting or shocking him. And I now have conformation that he is not a nile but an ornate.
Old 12-01-16, 03:15 PM   #21
MartinD

I'm glad you got it sorted out in an amicable way
Old 12-01-16, 03:17 PM   #22
Andy_G
Forum Moderator

That all sounds good. I hope it plays out as such and things weren't said to simply pacify you. Best of luck.
Old 12-01-16, 03:53 PM   #23
Odynxjules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_G View Post
That all sounds good. I hope it plays out as such and things weren't said to simply pacify you. Best of luck.
well my demonad of them is pretty simple to let them have him back. They have to have a place to live when they get back, they have a month to get a place. If they can't, they don't get him back. only because they can't take care of him and if they think they can without a place, yeah.....no.....and they aren't going to give him to someone else just to make sure they can get him back.

Tags
feeding help, nile monitor, sad story