Old 09-10-04, 07:47 PM   #16
ladyluck
Banned

Send a message via MSN to ladyluck
That's good to know.

Thanks.
Old 09-10-04, 07:50 PM   #17
justinO

mykee: that's why I thought I would say normally..... I have heard pieds are a biatch to breed..... i wonder why that is?

ladyluck, look on the classifieds here, put up a wanted ad! Any of the known breeders on here you can trust, and will ensure you are happy with your purchase!
Old 09-10-04, 10:02 PM   #18
CamHanna

What's harder about pieds? Do het pieds cause the same problems?

PS -
Quote:
Originally posted by mykee
You can contact Jeff Favelle, Mark Mandic, Corey Woods, David Kwok, (me, but I'm all sold out this year, sorry)
Who are you mykee? You seem to breed some nice snakes from the pics I've seen but they never come with a last name. I haven't asked before because it seemed a little rude, but if you offer yourself as a breeder then it would help to know a name; hope I'm not to far out of line.

Cam Hanna
Old 09-11-04, 02:59 AM   #19
Piers

Most breeders won't let you just come over and see their animals, they have too much money and time invested to have just anyone over to possibly/mabe buy an animal.
As to the pieds, yeah from what Iv'e heard "a pain in the a$$"
Bad jenes I guess, thats why the price dosn't drop much each year.
Piers
P.S.
For Kam Hanna,
My last name is Leroux.
Guppyranch@uniserve.com
Old 09-11-04, 04:17 AM   #20
mykee
Super Genius

Justin; not sure but every case of "they didn't breed this year" has been from a pied owner it seems this year.
Hanna; I don't use a last name; like Madonna, Cher, Barney. Just kidding. When my website is up and running it'll be posted, not that it's a big deal. I'll still be going by Mykee, hopefully, it'll be the website that people will remember; www.strictlyballs.ca As for a last name, when it comes time for you to write my name on a check, you'll know my last name. LOL.
Piers; you don't think $5000 in a couple of years is a big drop?!

Last edited by mykee; 09-11-04 at 04:22 AM..
Login to remove ads
Old 09-11-04, 10:43 AM   #21
ladyluck
Banned

I think the preice of some of these animals in general is rediculous.
There is one being listed at the nerd site for $45 g's AMERICAN?

Do people actually pay that for a snake? Would a breeder invest that kind of money on what could be considered a gamble? I mean the animal could drop dead the day after the life guaratee expires?

Wassup with that?
Old 09-11-04, 10:44 AM   #22
ladyluck
Banned

price
Old 09-11-04, 12:06 PM   #23
Jeff_Favelle

Send a message via AIM to Jeff_Favelle Send a message via MSN to Jeff_Favelle Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff_Favelle
Nothing is a guarantee. Life is a gamble. People spend $0.5 MILLION on real estate, only to find the housing market in that area crumble and their investment worth cut in HALF! That's a gamble. Some people invest a lifetime in a crappy job with low pay. That's a gamble. But let me tell you, the people investing $45K in expensive snakes KNOW what they're doing and are making INSANE returns on their investments. So insane in fact that its comparable to drugs or money laundering (purely a financial comparison). The only people that have a problem with the money thing are people on the outside looking in.

And Ball Pythons RARELY drop dead. The things are bullet-proof. That's why you buy from reputable breeders, so those things don't happen.
Old 09-11-04, 12:33 PM   #24
Piers

Mykee, as I've seen on price lists the last few years pieds have been untill now about 12000-15000 u.s. they seem to be droping now. other morphs are droping faster ie albinos and spiders.
I know some pieds were 20000 but I'm just talking about the average price.
Piers
Old 09-11-04, 03:53 PM   #25
mykee
Super Genius

Piers: you said in your original post that the price of pieds are not dropping much each year. Wrong, they clearly are. Forget all these price-hacks on the "Other" classified site, let's look at "Mr. Piebald" Pete Kahl. 3 years ago, his pieds were selling for $13000, now they're $7500!! That's almost half price in less than 3 years!! Spiders and albinos have NOT dropped 50% of their value in the last 3 years, sorry.
Ladyluck: That's why you've got your nose pressed up against the proverbial window looking in, while others are making an absolute killing. You gotta spend money to make money, and in this case, the money you'll make will be hand over fist.

Last edited by mykee; 09-11-04 at 06:55 PM..
Login to remove ads
Old 09-11-04, 11:22 PM   #26
ladyluck
Banned

"Ladyluck: That's why you've got your nose pressed up against the proverbial window looking in, while others are making an absolute killing. You gotta spend money to make money, and in this case, the money you'll make will be hand over fist."

Ya ummmm, I don't know if thats a jab or what, but what i'm doing now is research for what I decide to buy.

The only windows I press my nose against have red lights on the inside and are in Amsterdam.

I invest in a lot of things, and i'm 'looking' at investing in a snake to breed. I'm in no rush, cause i'm no fool. I know far less than the regulars on this site and am learning as I go.

"Knowledge is King!"
Old 09-12-04, 04:17 AM   #27
Jeff_Favelle

Send a message via AIM to Jeff_Favelle Send a message via MSN to Jeff_Favelle Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff_Favelle
The market and numbers will literally blow your mind lady-luck. I'm not kidding. Sometimes, it almost seems too good to be true. If you get what YOU find attractive, and what YOU find fun to work with, then that will go a LONG way to how successful you can be in the hobby/industry. The sky's truly the limit, and its up to you to decide what you want out of it. But let me tell you, there's people getting a LOT out of it right now. And for not much work either. Its crazy. But crazy in a goooood way!
Old 09-12-04, 03:54 PM   #28
Ron

mykee,

I believe both Albinos and Spiders have dropped ~50% in the last 3 years. I think Albinos were ~$3,500 US and Spiders were $25,000 3 years ago; you can get Albinos for $1,800 US and male Spiders for $8,000 - $12,000 US now.
Old 09-12-04, 09:12 PM   #29
Corey Woods

Send a message via ICQ to Corey Woods
Spiders are now 5000 US OBO for females and as low as 6000 US OBO for males. I've heard of some pairs being sold at US shows for $9000 US........if you were to break that down it would be approximately $5k for the male and 4K for the female. It would really suck if you paid $17,500 US last year for a spider. As soon as you see OBO in an ad you know they are having a hard time selling their animals. If I had produced spiders this year (I'm not working with them at all) I'd keep all the females to breed into other projects and sell all the males.

Corey
Old 09-13-04, 07:32 AM   #30
Bristen

Quote:
Originally posted by mykee
[...] Jessy; for the most part, I would agree with you, but ask someone who owns pieds that same question....
just curious Mykee.. why do you say that? Are het-pieds and pieds different? I seem to recall hearing something about pieds, but I forget what it was.. they tend not to eat as well as other morphs, not breed as well, or something or another?? Fill us in..?

Thanks,
Bristen.
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread