Forum Moderator

Re: July Photo Contest!

Yeah, I guess we don't do contests anymore. :/
Instagram: pareeeee17
Old 01-22-15, 09:15 AM   #33
millertime89
Forum Moderator

Neither Alessia or Wayne have been on in months. Last I checked they both logged in back in September-ish. Boots is on from time to time but we have no truly active mods.
Old 01-22-15, 09:22 AM   #34
shaunyboy
slainte mhath

Quote:
Originally Posted by millertime89 View Post
Neither Alessia or Wayne have been on in months. Last I checked they both logged in back in September-ish. Boots is on from time to time but we have no truly active mods.
Boots the owner of the forum is all we seem to have at the minute ?

maybe Boots should give us another couple of Mods until the return of Wayne and Alessia,if they're coming back (it's not like them to go missing)

it's not like Wayne to be away at all,so i hope he's alright in the real world ?

cheers shaun

P.S. For the record i'm NOT touting for a Mod job,i don't have the temperament for all that
Old 01-22-15, 09:30 AM   #35
millertime89
Forum Moderator

I PM'd boots a few weeks ago about it and said I would volunteer. I'm on usually during the week but on weekends I can usually pop on to take care of somethings if needed. Alessia's just super busy right now, but I don't know about Wayne. I've seen him comment on a few mutual friends' Facebook pages but that's about it.
Login to remove ads
Old 01-22-15, 09:38 AM   #36
Pareeeee
Forum Moderator

Yeah hopefully Wayne's OK. He used to be really active here then he vanished.

I also agree that we need more mods. Maybe I'll PM Boots and suggest it to him.
Instagram: pareeeee17
Old 01-23-15, 12:40 AM   #37
Dan84

The more pressing issue is who won this contest?
Old 01-23-15, 01:38 AM   #38
Kuamata

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunyboy View Post
Boots the owner of the forum is all we seem to have at the minute ?

maybe Boots should give us another couple of Mods until the return of Wayne and Alessia,if they're coming back (it's not like them to go missing)

it's not like Wayne to be away at all,so i hope he's alright in the real world ?

cheers shaun

P.S. For the record i'm NOT touting for a Mod job,i don't have the temperament for all that
I was honestly thinking about this the other day. It seems as if we need some more mods here to at least monitor for any violations of the rules... right now the forum is honestly ripe for the picking when it comes to trolls :/ .. it makes me worry, 'cause, to me, this is the absolute best forum you can be at for reptiles. Apparently only Wayne can change the front page pic, I think, so we still wouldn't have contests... but at least the forum would be a little more secured.

At any rate, seems Dan and Tyguy need a tie breaker thread whenever someone comes back.
Old 01-23-15, 02:40 AM   #39
marvelfreak
Captain America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuamata View Post
I was honestly thinking about this the other day. It seems as if we need some more mods here to at least monitor for any violations of the rules... right now the forum is honestly ripe for the picking when it comes to trolls :/ .. it makes me worry, 'cause, to me, this is the absolute best forum you can be at for reptiles. Apparently only Wayne can change the front page pic, I think, so we still wouldn't have contests... but at least the forum would be a little more secured.

At any rate, seems Dan and Tyguy need a tie breaker thread whenever someone comes back.
If there's a problem all you have to do is click on this little symbol to your left and it can be reported. Then all you do is give your reason for reporting it. Like if they broke a rule or said something offensive. Then Boots will take care of it.
Old 01-23-15, 06:22 AM   #40
shaunyboy
slainte mhath

Quote:
Originally Posted by millertime89 View Post
I PM'd boots a few weeks ago about it and said I would volunteer. I'm on usually during the week but on weekends I can usually pop on to take care of somethings if needed. Alessia's just super busy right now, but I don't know about Wayne. I've seen him comment on a few mutual friends' Facebook pages but that's about it.
imo,when things were very slow around here,it was Wayne and the old members of this forum that kept this place going,i know he put a fair amount of personal time in to keeping this place as is,when the membership grew

i agree this is the most laid back chilled out forum around,and it's core members won't accept trolls or trouble makers,also we have some great information and helpful knowledgeable folk on here

it would be a shame if lack of Mods spoiled that

i have faith in Boots,he's a good guy

cheers shaun
Old 01-23-15, 09:43 AM   #41
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

Agreed, some active moderators could do the forum some good. It's a great forum, with a nice atmosphere. It could be nice to have slightly more team activity, to clear out trolls etc sooner. If there is any need for someone known to forum mechanics, i wouldn't mind to help out. I have been a moderator for several years on a different forum. (Until it was disbanded)
Old 01-23-15, 12:19 PM   #42
marvelfreak
Captain America

I will say after taking a break from the site i was pleasantly surprised when i came back at how laid back the site became. No where near all the fighting there use to be. It's a much friendlier site just like we always hope for. Very busy, helpful and friendly something a lot of us worked hard to make the site. I myself think it running great, but more active Mods would be nice so thing like the photo contest could be kept going. I have Moderator also on another site a couple years ago. Not really sure what happen go to log on one day and the site know longer existed.

I would be willing to be a Moderator. I also have a suggested for another one, but most of you would think i am crazy.
Old 01-23-15, 01:07 PM   #43
SSSSnakes

I also have been a Mod on another forum and would be willing to help if needed. I am on daily. I think Chuck would be a good choice to add to the Mods.
Old 01-23-15, 01:35 PM   #44
marvelfreak
Captain America

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSSnakes View Post
I also have been a Mod on another forum and would be willing to help if needed. I am on daily. I think Chuck would be a good choice to add to the Mods.
Thanks Jerry and you got my vote.
Old 01-23-15, 02:03 PM   #45
Kuamata

I think Pareeeee, Marvel, Tsubaki, and Aaron would make good mods. Probably some others, too, but I know they only allow a few at a time.
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread