border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Colubrid Forums > Lampropeltis

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-19, 04:44 AM   #1
Shakiera

Unhappy Help MbK strange scales? And problem around mouth?

Hello everyone!

Sorry for my bad english

I bought an adult male Mexican black Kingsnake a few Months ago and when i looked at him closely i saw that he has some strange scales at his tail.
The scales look kind of wrinkly. I went to a vet and she told me not to worry and to wait for the next shed.
On the 01.08 he had a beautiful full shed and the wrinkles are still there. On the shed itself the scales have a dark/ nearly black spot on them
I tried looking through the internet for answers but i honestly couldnt find anything like that.

And a second problem that i found is that around his mouth around some scales it lookes like he has something white on top of it (in the picture it actually lookes a bit worse that in RL )
Im not sure theoretically i can't be stuck shed because he shed everything off in his last shed.
To me it kind of lookes like lime? from the water (is that right? thats what google translator tells me) you know the minerals in the water when they dry they get so white too.
Problem with that is i dont know if using something to remove it from the water is healthy for the snake. Should i boil the water before i put it into his water bowl?

I Could'nt update any Images so i hope an Imgur Link is Okay
https://imgur.com/NtufSVF
https://imgur.com/VipW8Fw
Login to remove ads

Tags
illness, scales, snake, water