border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Lizard Forums > Rhacodactylus

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-21, 05:39 PM   #1
arnoldosu1

Heat source for crested gecko?

Hi there. I’ve been trying to get ideal conditions for my crested gecko. His name is Trico and he is 7. I was initially under the impression that they should be kept at room temperature and around 65% humidity at the lowest time of day. Recently I have been reading up and listening to advice on here that the humidity should be higher like 80% and temperatures should also be higher.

I have been using no heat source aside from exoterra natural light that emits a little heat during the day. Temps in winter have been around 63-70. The low being just misted at night and high being day when my heat is left on to long in my apartment. Apparently this is too low and I should be shooting for 70-80 range.

What do you guys keep your cresties at? I just bought a zoo med 25w moonlight heat bulb to try. It’s supposed to be a low constant heat source that won’t disrupt day night cycle. Do you guys use it? How much does it lower humidity?

88AF9764-3D10-477F-BAC2-7A55EF04CFD9.jpeg

For info on my set up: I have Trico in an 18x18x24 exoterra with a glass partition on the back section. The enclosure is a planted vivarium set up and has pothos, umbrella plant, sansevieria, and a cryptanthus. I have a small water bowl and may switch to a little larger one. Water once a week and spray nightly.
Login to remove ads