Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 404. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-11, 05:40 PM   #1
red ink
Wandering Cricket

Re: What brought you here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelfreak View Post
I actually was on the Reptile Forum.com i had just join and was having issues navigating the site. It was slow as hell. When i was waiting for a page to load i notice Other Forums at the top of the page. So i clicked it and sSnakess.com was on there so i checked it out.

When i join Boots had just bought the site. It was kind of slow starting off, but one of the things i really like was I asked my questions and didn't get my a-s handed to me like on the another forum from Australia. Shaunyboy, Feebo, Wayne, Kimberly, and Percey39 all join around the same time as i did give or take a month or two. Mykee, Arron S., Citysnake, Markgonesnakee. were all vet on here who i found very helpful. Plus i like there straight forward approach with their advice. Shortly after great guys like Rob,Greg, and Freebody all join.

One of the other things i liked was we all start post that help us get to know each other better. Like Show Your Ink and What's Your Profession just to name a couple of many. This thread got as talking about other cool things not just reptiles. I like to think i have made some really cool friends from all over the world on here. I belong to some other sites, but sSnakeSs is my reptile home. I like to say i am proud to be a part of it all.

Sorry bout your experience mate... I think I could take a wild guess at which forum and be spot on. Don't take it personally that place is just like that. If you can get through the crap, there are some golden nuggets of info and helpfull experienced peeps on there.

Now to why I'm here... stumbled upon it looking for places to chill and generally have a chat about Morelias.
Login to remove ads
Old 09-21-11, 04:36 PM   #2
presspirate
domi adsum

Send a message via Yahoo to presspirate

Hey Chuck! We all feel the same. I am glad to have gotten to know you all.

"You hold the door open for the world forever you're never gonna get inside"
Keith Malley
Old 09-22-11, 06:08 PM   #3
Freebody
Veteran Member

I was searching snake info, i had a question about bella, got chewed up on a different forum, like, What how didnt i know that.... lol so i found this site, seen alot of good info i knew to be true, got a good vibe between the memebers, and joined, and its one of the best decisions i have made in years. you said it right chuck, we do have friends all over the world now. I'll cheers to that
Old 09-23-11, 10:08 PM   #4
ZARADOZIA

I joined because Sasha is my first BP and I have been looking for other people that are experienced in all the nuances of owning a BP. I have joined other forums but comparing them to what I have found here (knowledge wise) is like comparing 2+2 to College level Cal 2.

I have ran into many ODD nuances with Sasha and researched world wide to find the needed information for her. (Herp vets do not exist in my area..at all..and regular vets I have learned this week are not as knowledgeable as I would like. They almost killed my cat by misdiagnosing him.)
Old 09-28-11, 03:29 PM   #5
redsided

Cause i love snakes and learning about them. Forums are one of te best ways to do that.

Found this particular one by reccomenedation. Liking it so far.
Login to remove ads
Old 09-30-11, 01:38 AM   #6
ctdasme

Send a message via Yahoo to ctdasme

Found it on a search engine, like the atmosphere and the knowledgible people and the pics. Pretty much just a lurker but love seeing and reading about all the snakes and lizards. Just wished this forum was on Tapatalk im hardly ever on a computer since i got my droid.
Old 10-02-11, 11:10 PM   #7
Nismo89

I was google searching about BRBs came across this site loved all the info and the atmosphere so I figured why not what harm could it do. I'm glad everyday I found this site. There is always something new to be learned on here.
Old 10-19-11, 12:33 AM   #8
minaa

I am finally able to keep a snake, and my boyfriend and I agreed that a ball python was the best first step. I was doing research on snakes in general and found this forum! I love finding good hobbyist forums online, and now that I have my first BP, I'll be referencing this place.
Old 10-19-11, 08:07 AM   #9
unknownclown

Send a message via AIM to unknownclown

Wanting the best life for my animals I am always in search for new information no matter how much I know I can always learn more. Books are fine but just gives basics where as forums I can learn from everybodys day to day experiences in a wide range of situations. Some may not aply to my pets but you never know when they will aply and its best to be prepared.
This forum seems to have the most helpful, caring and knowledgable community. When I first got my snakes I put my feelers out posting on several forums this was the only one that impressed me by timely caring responses without treating me like an idiot for not knowing everything already before I joined.
Thanks everyone for making this such a great place to learn
Old 10-28-11, 09:23 PM   #10
Kcsearle

I found this forum and I am new to the snake world and I was looking for somewhere, where I could find some good info and other people to talk to about snakes.
Login to remove ads
Old 11-23-11, 01:17 AM   #11
Andre Bester

Hi to all reptile enthusiasts/lovers
I am a medical doctor in Kolwezi, Katanga Province, DRC. The local knowledge about snakes is sparse but a few snakes seem to have survived despite the ongoing quest to rid the countryside of them through mainly uncontrolled bushfires. I would like to get more info on the species commonly found here as we'd like to start an educational programme. Although we have polyvalent antivennin from RSA, I would feel much better knowing which local species' envenomation it will be effective against.
Appreciated!
Andre
Old 11-24-11, 11:40 PM   #12
infernalis

Thank you so much.

Savannahmonitor.net
Old 11-25-11, 12:40 PM   #13
bigsnakegirl785

I was looking for a forum to get extra info the red-tailed boa I had wanted, and this was the only forum I wasn't too young to join. lol I got my red-tail, and learned bunches of tips that built on all the vids and caresheets I read. Not only that, I love the atmosphere. I've never seen arguments get more than a little bit nippy, which is a good thing.
Old 12-18-11, 02:27 AM   #14
dshin963

I just fell in love with Wayne ;-) nice new patio furniture :-D
Old 12-18-11, 02:33 AM   #15
EasternGirl

Send a message via Skype™ to EasternGirl

I am a member of the garter forum and I knew Wayne from there. He told me about this forum and I came on over...love it over here btw!
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread