sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > All Other Herp Forums > Aquatic forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-11, 01:11 PM   #46
sickvenom
Former Member

Re: I used to have a giant shrimp

I have a blue and gold macaw. He may become snake food one of these days.
Old 04-28-11, 03:52 PM   #47
Lankyrob
Non Carborundum Illegitimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernalis View Post
They have brilliant brain capacity, more than a lot of people give credit for.
A friend i grew up with had a "parrot", not sure what kind it was, when new people went in the house it would say "who are you?" constantly until you gave him your name. Then when you left he would say "bye xxx".

Hehad pretty mucha 100% success rate with getting the names right, totally amazing animal. He also had free roam of the hpuse and was trained to return to his house for toilet duties, the could even leave doors open to the outside and he would go out in the symmer and sit in the trees in the garden and come back in when called.
Old 04-29-11, 02:13 AM   #48
mistersprinkles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lankyrob View Post
A friend i grew up with had a "parrot", not sure what kind it was, when new people went in the house it would say "who are you?" constantly until you gave him your name. Then when you left he would say "bye xxx".

Hehad pretty mucha 100% success rate with getting the names right, totally amazing animal. He also had free roam of the hpuse and was trained to return to his house for toilet duties, the could even leave doors open to the outside and he would go out in the symmer and sit in the trees in the garden and come back in when called.
My friend has a sadistic parrot who is highly manipulative. She gets me every time. She'll land near you and squint and fluff her feathers and say "I Looooooove Youuuuu" and make cute noises like she wants you to pet her. And she'll keep doing it until you do. As soon as you touch her she doesn't bite you but she gauges you with her beak. Hard. Then laughs and bobs her head up and down. Then she tries to do it to someone else. She also says "I love you" and looks cute while stealing your food. That parrot has made my finger bleed every time I've been there...
Old 04-29-11, 02:22 AM   #49
TeaNinja

my brother used to have a blue and gold named Bird Bird. he had some evil tricks in his arsenal also but he never made me bleed. he used to say cracker for ALL foods, it didnt matter what the food was he'd say cracker. when he wanted to be held he'd say Step Up. but sometimes the evil little thing would look at me and say Step Up, and when i went to put my hand up to him to step on he'd grab it with his foot like he was going to step on it, then he'd pull your hand in and chomp you lol. he also loved to SCREECH veeery loud when we were trying to watch movies and such. sometimes i loved him and sometimes i HATED him lol.

i remember i had a birthday party when i was a kid and he was just chillin in the living room and i was in the dining room like 20 feet away. he took off FLYING across the house towards me and everyone HIT THE DECK and i just stuck out my arm and he landed right on it, like no big deal lol.

sometimes parrots can be really cool animals, especially african greys.
Old 04-29-11, 04:39 AM   #50
infernalis

Sparky the sulfur crested cockatoo was kicked once by an irresponsible owner, he hated human feet, My wife at the time came into my office in flip flop sandals....

He damn near tore off toes...

Savannahmonitor.net
Login to remove ads
Old 04-29-11, 07:59 AM   #51
mistersprinkles

YouTube - Parrot massages cat's head

YouTube - Coco appears to be "fleaing" Lucky

This parrot loves this cat. I've only ever seen parrots have extreme contempt for cats and try to torture them. My parrot used to land on my cat's head, pull it's ear, then fly away and laugh.
Old 04-29-11, 09:06 AM   #52
stephanbakir
Retic Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistersprinkles View Post
My friend has a sadistic parrot who is highly manipulative. She gets me every time. She'll land near you and squint and fluff her feathers and say "I Looooooove Youuuuu" and make cute noises like she wants you to pet her. And she'll keep doing it until you do. As soon as you touch her she doesn't bite you but she gauges you with her beak. Hard. Then laughs and bobs her head up and down. Then she tries to do it to someone else. She also says "I love you" and looks cute while stealing your food. That parrot has made my finger bleed every time I've been there...
You fall for the parrots trick every time you go there?
Closed Thread