sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > All Other Herp Forums > Aquatic forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-05, 05:49 AM   #1
Ciddian

Send a message via MSN to Ciddian
Oh my what a thread...lol

I usually keep my bettas in large jars. about 1 1/2 gallon. I do a water change weekly or more depening on the colour of the water...smell etc. Anything that would alert me that there is a problem.
Also watching your fishies behaviour is also important. Do they look fairly pale, clamped? Good time to do a water change.

I change all of my water and give the gravel or stones a good rinse..just to free any lodged food or waste. I use a water conitioner and match the waters temp as well. I usually find a bran new bubble nest hours later....that is definatly not a sign of stress so i am happy with my method.

As far as breeding some of you have mentioned feeding your pair well a week or two before. Great thing to poing out! Some people rush into thier spawning and forget that your male will not eat while he is in breeding mode...which could lead him to eating the eggs or fry.
Some spawning goes well...some doesnt. There are a few tricks and tips to making it work. But mostly... paitence is what you need too

Please feel free to visit www.allthingsaquatic.com as mentioned before, we could talk fish all day lol

Thanks for your time guys ^_^
Login to remove ads
Old 02-21-05, 05:23 PM   #2
lostwithin

Send a message via MSN to lostwithin
Quote:
Anyways, the bottom line that everyone should understand is that the simplest of fish is more difficult to take care of than the most difficult reptile.

I would have to say that truly is an ignorant statement, you clearly have no idea how difficult some reptiles are to keep if done properly. sure anyone can keep them alive as with fish, but to do either hobby properly is a true commitment

Devon
Closed Thread