border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > All Other Herp Forums > Aquatic forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-14, 05:28 PM   #1
Teal

New pair of Phantom clowns

We sold our pair of true percs and the remaining snowflake, and got this awesome pair of Phantoms. They're gorgeous fish... I love them! We also have a pair of Maine Blizzards, but no pictures of them yet as they are still in the quarantine tank - one of them wasn't doing so well at first, but he's perking up now!

Sorry for the less than stellar photos... these guys never hold still and I was in a rush. I'll try for better shots soon!

Login to remove ads
Old 04-08-14, 01:30 AM   #2
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

Re: New pair of Phantom clowns

stunning!! i love black & blue combo's
Old 04-08-14, 02:17 AM   #3
Teal

Thanks! (: Their stripes are a lovely iridescent white that reflect the blue that the lights show up in the camera. But where the white meets the black, it does a double layer pretty reflective action that looks almost blue!
Old 04-08-14, 05:29 PM   #4
sharthun

Wow amazing fish!

Steve
Old 04-08-14, 09:51 PM   #5
IW17

Very cool. Another really nice morph is called black ice clowns. I'm hoping to pick up a pair in the future. Thanks for the pics. I love seeing this!
Old 04-09-14, 05:50 PM   #6
Teal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharthun View Post
Wow amazing fish!
Thank you (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IW17 View Post
Very cool. Another really nice morph is called black ice clowns. I'm hoping to pick up a pair in the future. Thanks for the pics. I love seeing this!
Thanks (:

I'm not much of a fan for the morphs with orange and black on them... I like one or the other, with white. But I think I'm too picky about those because I LOVE Maroons and hate that I can't have any in this tank ): lol
Old 04-09-14, 07:29 PM   #7
IW17

That's cool, there's a @ss for every seat lol. Why no maroon? Tank too small?
Old 04-09-14, 08:37 PM   #8
Teal

lol so true! (:

Maroons are very, very aggressive - especially to other clownfish... it would kill this pair instantly, and possibly fight with other fish in the tank. We'd also take a risk adding any other fish after the maroon, because they will bully anything new.

I will have one eventually though... either in my future predator tank, or in an eel tank.
Old 04-10-14, 01:34 PM   #9
IW17

Yes they are jerks. One of the only clowns that don't have mated pairs.
Old 04-10-14, 02:30 PM   #10
Teal

Yup! And they get a few inches larger than most others. I love them! I'm used to animals that aren't really compatible with others haha
Login to remove ads
Old 04-10-14, 06:25 PM   #11
IW17

Right on! You got any pics of the whole tank?
Old 04-10-14, 06:49 PM   #12
Teal

I have one from a few months ago... the majority of it is still the same, there's just a few more of everything (fish, nems, corals, etc.) I'd take a new one, but there are frag racks and holding containers all in the way lol

Old 04-10-14, 08:13 PM   #13
IW17

Very cool! I'm looking to go big when I buy my house. I've got a 60 gallon now, but I'm looking to go at least 180 in the future.
Old 04-11-14, 12:48 AM   #14
Teal

Nice! What do you have in there?

We are upgrading to a 150g here shortly... my boyfriend is building the stand for it currently, but because he works out of town for weeks at a time it's taking longer than he wanted to get the tanks switched over. We toyed with the idea of turning this tank (a 135g) into a predator tank after the switch, or getting another 150g for the predator tank... but I REALLY just want eels, clams and a maroon LOL
Old 04-11-14, 11:04 AM   #15
IW17

I've got a snowflake moray eel, tomini tang, flame angel, and pajama cardinal. Then several urchins, starfish, and a cleaner shrimp. As for corals, several colonies of mushrooms, zoanthids, and star polyps. A large crown leather, frog spawn, Kenya trees, and one montipora.
Closed Thread