border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > All Other Herp Forums > Aquatic forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-02, 11:13 PM   #1
ash

Question wut's ur setup?

hi i was just bored and this is my first post lol.. so anyways wut kinda setups do u ppl have here?

rite now i have a guppy,cardinal and corydos setup its still the begening more to come!
Login to remove ads
Old 11-05-02, 12:16 AM   #2
Shane Tesser

Oh man, i kept forgetting to respond to this one ash...i sent you some pictures but ill try to answer a little better. Currently i am down sizing as i am house shopping and quite frankly i dont want to have to move a million tanks. I currently only have four running. 1-150 gallon planted with various tetras, gouramis, mollys, correys, and about thirty plant species. I also have 1-90 gallon cichlid tank...completely filled with rock top to bottom which i recently re-did...far to many species to mention...this is a very mixed tank. 1-33 gallon tank with two large goldfish that ive had for years that keep breeding for me. And 1-45 gallon hexigon with barbs and more plants...thats all for now...wait till i buy my house soon, then i will go nuts again...cant wait
Old 11-18-02, 01:09 PM   #3
Oh Clueless 1

Send a message via AIM to Oh Clueless 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Oh Clueless 1
Hi.. I'm new here. Just thought I would post.

I have two tanks up and running at the moment. A 40g with an oscar and a pleco and a 29g with a trio of black convicts. I am trying to set up another 20g but keep having set backs. I decided to go with sand as a substrate this time instead of gravel and I am having some slight issues. Then I dropped the filter day before yesterday and have to repair that while I am waiting for a new one. Minor stuff but aggrivating. I found this site as I was hunting for info about snakes.

I am a big fan of south american cichlids. They get good sized and have a lot of "personality". I also belong to a few Oscar Message boards. My favorite being www.oscars-r-us.com. Its a small message board but we have a lot of fun and there are many very knowledgeable fish keepers there. Just thought I would share.

Hope everyone is having a great day.... Later
Old 11-20-02, 09:34 PM   #4
ash

hi i seriosuly think that a single oscar alone should be in a tank no lesser than 55 g well for the pleco thats another story
Old 11-21-02, 06:01 AM   #5
fade2black

I agree. I have my oscar in a 75 gal with a pleco and they look cramped in that!

That trio of convicts in your 29 gal will quickly turn into about 100 of them! As that saying goes "How do you breed convicts? Add water"

Fade
Old 11-21-02, 07:34 AM   #6
Oh Clueless 1

Send a message via AIM to Oh Clueless 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Oh Clueless 1
oh.... no doubt that he should be in a larger tank. For the time being its out of necessity. I do a lot of maintence on the tank to make sure the water parameters are good. I can't allieviate the cramped quarters at the moment but I do what I can.

As for the convicts... They are all female.
Old 11-21-02, 10:53 AM   #7
Lizzy

Send a message via MSN to Lizzy
I have never been a large cichlid person...to much attitude for my taste. I have a 33g loaded with plants. It has a school of Harlequins, a school of threadfin rainbows, a couple of halfbeaks, 2 juli cory cats, 2 green coey cats, one pygmy cory cat, 3 amano shrimp...that still don't eat my plants shane...2 white clouds, and one beautiful marble angel fish.

I have another 33 that has 6 goldfish in it, nad a 20 Gallon with my 2 discus, 3 clown loaches and a bristle nose plec...oh, and a rainbow fish that I can't remember how to spell the name of. It gets a daily water change, so the fish are super happy!

Lizzy
Old 11-21-02, 04:07 PM   #8
ash

sometimes oscars can get way beyond 13 inch to about 16 inch or so. a 55 gallon would be good for a oscar that's 12-13 inch but not anything more c'z there's only 12 inch depth of water in there
Old 11-23-02, 01:26 PM   #9
ash

sorry i meant witdh not height of the tank
Closed Thread