Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-14, 03:13 PM   #31
bigsnakegirl785

Re: Draco Profile

Thanks everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumcrush View Post
Real nice! It's funny for me when it comes to feeding time. I will lay the mouse somewhere in the tank, and she shoots out of the aspen once she smells it and realizes there is food haha Nice to Hear Draco is doing fine
lol Yup, they're quite the hunters. Draco's preferred ambush spot is his vine now. He'll poke his head out from wherever he's hiding, look at the food, and then run off to his vines. Then I just wave it randomly and he'll slowly slink out of the vines to grab it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW360 View Post
Ugh I want one so bad the local place has like five or six baby albino checkerds like yours they are so fun and active I love it.
Yup, they are awesome. You should definitely get one if you can.
Old 03-29-14, 06:59 PM   #32
drumcrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsnakegirl785 View Post
Thanks everyone.

lol Yup, they're quite the hunters. Draco's preferred ambush spot is his vine now. He'll poke his head out from wherever he's hiding, look at the food, and then run off to his vines. Then I just wave it randomly and he'll slowly slink out of the vines to grab it.

Yup, they are awesome. You should definitely get one if you can.
One time she jumped out of the aspen and grabbed onto the mouse like a shark, I died when she did that lol
Old 03-30-14, 08:28 PM   #33
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
One time she jumped out of the aspen and grabbed onto the mouse like a shark, I died when she did that lol
lmao Garters are just the goofiest. Ah, man, I'm dying just picturing it. XD

I am thinking about deepening Draco's substrate, because I don't think there's enough for him to bury in. Next time I expand some EcoEarth, I'll give him a little more.
Old 04-03-14, 07:19 PM   #34
bigsnakegirl785

Some photos from yesterday. It's been in the high-70's pretty much all week (and I think it was 80F today!), and it's supposed to mostly stay in the 60-70's over the next 10 days, so I think winter is finally starting to back off. Now we'll just be getting rainy weather for next month or so....

You can see his little "belly button."

What appeared to be damaged scales. They just appeared yesterday, and were gone today. I thought it might have been dirt, but it didn't rub off, so idk what it was but I took him out today and it wasn't there anymore.

I added more bedding to his tank, and I set up his humid hide, so maybe the added humidity solved it (it's been dry lately since it's been hot and it hasn't rained yet).

And some videos.

Digging him out so I could check on him.

When I put him back in, he immediately climbed into his vine.

A short video of his heartbeat.
Old 04-09-14, 08:01 PM   #35
drumcrush

Sounds like things are going good! I've noticed some funky scales too from time to time. I think it was just her getting messy with her feces -.- because I use aspen, don't know what else it would be lol I can't wait for it to get warm here. The highest it has really been was like 56f
Login to remove ads
Old 04-09-14, 08:07 PM   #36
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Sounds like things are going good! I've noticed some funky scales too from time to time. I think it was just her getting messy with her feces -.- because I use aspen, don't know what else it would be lol I can't wait for it to get warm here. The highest it has really been was like 56f
Yeah, idk what it was. lol I tried water and a cloth and everything. We've had several warm days so far, several mid-70's days and it even got like 80F the day I took those photos. It's supposed to be in the mid-70's for the next several days, and then in the 50's-60's.
Old 04-09-14, 08:14 PM   #37
drumcrush

Quote:
Yeah, idk what it was. lol I tried water and a cloth and everything. We've had several warm days so far, several mid-70's days and it even got like 80F the day I took those photos. It's supposed to be in the mid-70's for the next several days, and then in the 50's-60's.
Well, it went away so I guess it's not that big of a deal I hope for a nice summer
Old 04-09-14, 08:16 PM   #38
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Well, it went away so I guess it's not that big of a deal I hope for a nice summer
Same here, I want lots of days to take the snakes out.
Old 09-01-14, 12:15 AM   #39
bigsnakegirl785

I haven't been on here in awhile, so I've got some photos of Draco to provide. He's now just over a foot long and is taking whole pinkies. He's shed maybe 3 times since I last logged on.

Old 09-01-14, 08:14 AM   #40
sharthun

Quote:
I haven't been on here in awhile, so I've got some photos of Draco to provide. He's now just over a foot long and is taking whole pinkies. He's shed maybe 3 times since I last logged on.

Draco is looking great!

Steve
Login to remove ads
Old 09-01-14, 12:53 PM   #41
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharthun View Post
Draco is looking great!
Thank you!
Old 09-01-14, 05:47 PM   #42
drumcrush

Quote:

Wow, getting big!
Old 09-02-14, 02:47 PM   #43
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Wow, getting big!
I know right! I didn't realize how much he'd grown until I looked at some old photos. lol
Old 09-02-14, 07:15 PM   #44
drumcrush

Quote:
I know right! I didn't realize how much he'd grown until I looked at some old photos. lol
Yeah, I looked at the very first pic of Mrs. B when she was like 9" and now she is about a foot and a half!
Old 09-03-14, 08:54 PM   #45
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Yeah, I looked at the very first pic of Mrs. B when she was like 9" and now she is about a foot and a half!
Yeah, it's always amazing to see the growth snakes go through, and they're still going to get bigger!

I also have a new photo of Draco, he was confused by the water bowl no longer being on top of him. This is his favorite place to hide, sometimes I find him in one of his hides above ground.

Closed Thread